Self-sabotaging my eating plan

Options
I'm self-sabotaging my eating habits. I know what I'm doing and I know why - but I am still doing it!

This year I am down around 25-30lbs. I am so much fitter and healthier than I was. Most of that weight loss came from working with a personal trainer. I am no longer working with him after he started to sexually harass me and attempted to physically do stuff that I didn't want to do.

I have a new trainer and a new gym, and exercise wise everything is going well. I am loving the new gym and new classes, but I seem to have lost any motivation to stick to my eating plan. I'm generally ok during the day, but terrible about snacking at night.

Looking at this objectively I can see what's going on, I lost a whole load of weight, got so much stronger and more confident, and then someone who I trusted and respected hurt me. It's not taking a rocket scientist to see why I am self-sabotaging the diet so I don't keep losing!

Anyone got any tips to help me focus on sticking with my plan? I have another 10-15lbs to go.

Thanks

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Pre-plan evening snacks. Try to do something else when you feel the urge to go off the deep end. Call a friend, your mom, someone.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I too am having the same issue (snacking badly at night). I just recently took my snacking/dessert section OFF my diary because I noticed having it makes me think, "eh, 150+ calories here isn't too bad" but looking at it as a whole (added with my regular meals) it adds on excess calories from snacking and dessert I don't need. I'm going to see if it helps me any--maybe doing something similar would help you?