Toned thighs at last! - Thank you Jillian!

Options
So, I'm almost done the 30 Day Shred- I finally stuck it out this time- but I only did 7 days of each phase, I just get too bored and quit otherwise.

My stomach is pretty much flat, I've lost a couple inches off my waist, about 4lbs overall- and, the best part - my trouble area, especially my thighs, have toned up and slimmed down a ton! I even wore a minidress out last Friday for my 19th birthday, and I got tons of compliments! My boyfriend keeps saying how amazing my legs look!

Just wanted to share..

PS. If you're looking for a review of the 30 Day Shred, I'd recommend it to anyone, well, except maybe the p90x'rs, who'd kick its *kitten*:wink:

But if you're starting with low-moderate muscular endurance, this DVD is GREAT! you WILL see results.

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    thanks for the review. my thighs are my trouble area as well, maybe I'll give this a try.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Blerg, that was the fire under my butt that I needed. I have the 30 day shred but haven't opened it...I just keep hitting the elliptical. I know I need to do more though....and with that endorsement of yours, I think I'll try the shred tonight! hehe thanks
  • Did it help your inner thighs or outter thighs? My inner thighs are a trouble spot but I haven't found anything that's effective at combatting that. I have the 30 day shred but got bored with it and never completed it. Maybe I should do it for 30 days and see if it helps!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    That's great ladies! Honestly, I've always been so afriad, because I already have rather bulk leg muscles - I thought they'd get larger, but they didn't :bigsmile:

It toned both, exceptionally well, my legs looked pretty much like pudding before lol. Practically no definition, my outer thigh is well defined, and the bottom half is probably a good 2-3 inches slimmer. I lost an inch and a half of my upper thigh, and now when I sit with my knees touching you can see how tight my inner thigh muscle has gotten, there's a good centimeter and a half gap from just above my knee to about 3/4 of the way up my thigh.

My abs are a lot more defined too, but that didn't excite me as much, I'm quite pear shaped, so losing of my waist doesn't take much effort- its just those dastardly thighs :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    She's right.... it DOES certainly show in the thighs! I started the shred consistently on November 1 - made it through the daily shred until Nov 13 - and had a break from 13-17, then back at it until the 26, 27, and back at it again today. Even with those breaks, I can agree - it's making a huge difference in my thighs and legs. My shoulders and biceps are starting to tone up too... and underneath the flab, I think my abs are getting toned... I'm working on shedding the outer layers to really see. But you will definitely see results if you come back to it daily.... and give it your best efforts. I took starting measurements, will share results when I make it to the end of level 3.....
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    What is the 30-day shred? Is it a video? How does it work? How much does it cost?
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    It's a workout video by Jillian Michael's and it works in 3 phases of increasing intensity. I think you can get it at wal-mart for like 20$ or so
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    It's a workout video by Jillian Michael's and it works in 3 phases of increasing intensity. I think you can get it at wal-mart for like 20$ or so

I'm going in to Wal-Mart today! I will check this out, thanks!
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    Oh, and how long is a workout? What equipment do I need?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    It's a 20 minute workout (25 minutes with warm up and cool down stretching) - all you need is a floor mat if you're on a hard surface and hand weights. My DVD was only $10 at Wal-Mart - well worth the $. :)
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kim on everything!
    30 Day Shred was the first thing I ever worked out to, it gave my legs great shape, also! I'm excited to see the new Last Chance Workout from BL. I think Jillian is supposed to be doing the whole thing.