OMG! 10lbs at LAST!!!!!

rachelmommy1
rachelmommy1 Posts: 85
edited September 20 in Success Stories
Well, technically 11.

Sorry i've been kinda m.i.a. lately, life's been throwing some curve balls my way! But I FINALLY made it to the 10 lb mark! YAY!!!!! I have quite a bit more to go to meet my goal but double digits are awesome!

BTW, I tweaked my diet a bit......very high protein and very low carb (except veggies that is....always gotta have the veggies)......i have made low-fat cottage cheese my friend.....well, we're on speaking terms at least. lol

But yay! And here's to the next 10lbs to lose!!! Whooo hoooo!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Go you!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    great job. can u make ur diary public so I can see what ur diet is like?
  • Whoo! Congrats chica, that's awesome. I'm starting to see numbers drop just a little and it's very exciting. We're about the same weight now with the same goal of 135 :-)

Keep it up, we can do it!
  • I love having my diary public, everyone knows when I messed up and it keeps me accountable hehe.

P.S. Nolachick, checked out your profile and you said you made your diary public...but I can't see it. Just a heads up.
  • Actually, since I changed to a high protein diet, i haven't been logging it here, but in a small notebook i carry with me. But here's a typical day for me....

Breakfast: 8oz light cranberry juice
    Sliced cling peaches (not in syrup) w/1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    or
    South Beach Living Protein Bar

Snack: Handful frozen grapes or
    Handful mixed nuts
    and a Redline drink

Lunch: Green Salad w/baked chicken w/nuts and dried cranberries
    and fruit w/cottage cheese

Snack: Slice of fat free cheese and a mini orange

Dinner: Grilled turkey patty with fat free cheese
    steamed veggies
    slice of 45 calorie whole grain bread w/ nutella or apple butter

It varies obviously, but this is what I ate yesterday. Alot of very lean meat and only very rarely is it red meat. I don't eat fish either. Also, I keep a bag of those little "cutie oranges" in my fridge for when I need to splurge without hurting my day. It's kindof a version of the blood type diet (i'm o+)

But i just keep my carbs low, my fats healthy, and have good quality protein with every meal.
  • Congratulations!! I loooove vegetables. :D
  • Me too, that's the only reason i can deal with dieting is because i have my broccoli to comfort me lol
  • nolachick
    I love having my diary public, everyone knows when I messed up and it keeps me accountable hehe.

P.S. Nolachick, checked out your profile and you said you made your diary public...but I can't see it. Just a heads up.

thnx for the heads up! just fixed it if u wanna take a peek and comment. you will notice that my usual calorie limit was 1200 cals before (wanted to lose 2lbs a week) but that stopped working so yesterday I upped it to 1430 cals/ day ( trying to lose 1lb/week). I hope this works.

I agree with making it public since I feel guilty having to put bad stuff on there but I do it to hold me accountable (my wkends are usually horrible :S)
  • nolachick
    Actually, since I changed to a high protein diet, i haven't been logging it here, but in a small notebook i carry with me. But here's a typical day for me....

Breakfast: 8oz light cranberry juice
    Sliced cling peaches (not in syrup) w/1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    or
    South Beach Living Protein Bar

Snack: Handful frozen grapes or
    Handful mixed nuts
    and a Redline drink

Lunch: Green Salad w/baked chicken w/nuts and dried cranberries
    and fruit w/cottage cheese

Snack: Slice of fat free cheese and a mini orange

Dinner: Grilled turkey patty with fat free cheese
    steamed veggies
    slice of 45 calorie whole grain bread w/ nutella or apple butter

It varies obviously, but this is what I ate yesterday. Alot of very lean meat and only very rarely is it red meat. I don't eat fish either. Also, I keep a bag of those little "cutie oranges" in my fridge for when I need to splurge without hurting my day. It's kindof a version of the blood type diet (i'm o+)

But i just keep my carbs low, my fats healthy, and have good quality protein with every meal.

thnx! I've heard a lot of ppl talk about cottage cheese but never tried it before. Will have to start.
  • Great job!!

I have to update as well. I am past the half way mark now!! :happy: I have lost 37lbs and only have 32 to go to be at my goal weight of 150. :love:
  • Actually, I HATE cottage cheese, but the low fat "slim and trim" is way lower in fat and way high in protein and...well........sacrifices must be made right?

Congrats to all for your awesome progress!!!!!!
  • Good job! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!