Hey!!

boomersooner806
boomersooner806 Posts: 90
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! I used mfp when I was living in Scotland and have now moved back to Texas. I stopped using this for some strange reason and ended up gaining 30 pounds in the 4 1/2 months I've been back! Goes to show that support and keeping track of things really does work with weight loss and training.

I also had a good buddy to work out with and keep me encouraged while I was in Scotland. Now that I've moved back home, I've found it really hard to encourage myself to go to the gym and eat healthy. For a start, I got a gym membership a couple of weeks ago and have been 5-6 days a week. I've already lost 3-4 pounds! :happy:

I hope by rejoining I can reconnect and get some of the motivation I need from others who are doing the exact same thing I am doing and wanting to do... lose weight and get in shape! I hope to make some good "internet" friends during the process. :smile:

Replies

• I get how you feel. for me i never had support in the beggining but now i have like 5 friends ( counting my mom) who are right there with me and it does make a difference!

Anyone can fall back into bad habbits but it takes a strong person to get up and do something about it! so good job and congrats on making a change for the better!

ashley :bigsmile:
  • Thank you! :)

It's definitely tough to get back into the swing of things and the way they were -- I was real dedicated to eating right and working out for about 6 months. It had been my New Year's resolution and I stuck to it until I moved back in July. I'm hoping to get back into it. Hopefully I can find some friends around to join me -- so far, it's been tough! Hard to do when you live in a really small town and most of your friends are married, have kids, or don't live here. :ohwell:

You guys on mfp are my encouragement and motivation! :smile:
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    welcome to mfp!!!:smooched:
This discussion has been closed.