Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    OOH-RAH!
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrates and thank you!
  • FITHEALTHY1
    FITHEALTHY1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome and "THANKS for serving!"
  • sara1215
    sara1215 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What an awesome accomplishment!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Great job and thank you for serving!! Best wishes!!
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and your desire to serve our country. Kick some *kitten*!
  • jeserf
    jeserf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! My husband is a Marine and did a short stint with a recruiter where one of the poolees lost 100+ lbs in order to join. He worked in butt off, literally, and he joined.

Work on those pull ups and your knowledge and there's no stopping you!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    wow! you look so different. you'll make a very handsome marine. congrats on your achievement and amazing NSV... can't get better than fulfilling a life long dream! :-)
  • sdstargazer
    Options
    Congrats and Semper Fi
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Thank You for serving our country. We do realize the price for our freedom. You rock!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Awesome work man. I was supposed to lose 25lbs before shipping before boot, but they called me to leave early. When I got there I was put on "diet restriction". This is such a crappy way to spend first phase. You have to label all of your gear so you are noticeable as a "fat body" as they call it. You get plucked out of formations constantly and pt'd beyond the other recruits. You'll learn, if you haven't already, that the DI's have instructions as to how much PT they can force on recruits, but for "fat bodies" they can up that number quite a bit. ALSO, they keep you from eating quite a bit of the stuff they offer at chow.

within the first few weeks I was down to about 180 at 6'1", and the limit for my height was 208. So at that point I was taken off restriction and went back up to 195 in less than 2 weeks!

Boot is tough man, but in the end you'll think it's a blast, and by the time you've made NCO you'll wish you could go back. I'll give you this advice though. It's all mental in that place. The physical stuff is all manageable. The job of the DI is to push you mentally so that you figure out how not to crack. There were more than a few guys in my plattoon that didn't make it simply because they couldn't handle the stress.

Man I miss my Corps. Good luck.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I'm a fellow Vet (Air Force) and I work with some Former Marines (.......or current, cause once a Marine, always a Marine right?). Good work getting in shape and thank you for serving our country.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Semper Fi!!!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Thank you for serving. Great loss, you'll be turning heads in the blue dress!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    First: Thank you for your desire to serve
    Second: SEMPER FI Oooooh Rah!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your enlistment and your weightloss!!! I would not of traded my time in the Service for anything, Best of Luck!!!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wow...congratulations...and thank you from the bottom of my heart....you are a humbling inspiration!! Good luck at boot camp and in your time served!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to the Corps!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!