26 lbs lost - 6 weeks on Eat to Live

Options

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm definitely a believer in the great effects of a plant based diet. That's what I'm working towards but it's tough as I live in a house with another couple and a single person and we buy and eat food all together, so unfortunately I don't have too much control over what is bought and made, but once I get my own place I will be taking bigger steps towards limiting animal products and adding much more plant foods into my diet. I know that will give me a LOT more nutrition that I need!
  • meaningful99
    Options
    This is great to hear, and congratulations! Those documentaries were definitely sobering. You are an inspiration.
  • Beastx10
    Options
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I'm definitely a believer in the great effects of a plant based diet. That's what I'm working towards but it's tough as I live in a house with another couple and a single person and we buy and eat food all together, so unfortunately I don't have too much control over what is bought and made, but once I get my own place I will be taking bigger steps towards limiting animal products and adding much more plant foods into my diet. I know that will give me a LOT more nutrition that I need!

The plan that I moved from another post is the aggressive plan. You can modify it to add some of those other foods even animal products but know that your weight loss and nutritional benefits will not go as fast.
  • quattlemom
    Options
    I started this eating plan last Monday, 2/25/13, and as of this morning I have lost 7.5 lbs. The afternoon and evening I started was ROUGH and I told my husband that night to remind me if/when I'm tempted to fall back into old eating habits of just how bad I feel while withdrawing from a junky diet. He is a T1 diabetic and has been for over 30 years and is in better shape than I. While I lost 40 lbs. through diet and exercise over 7 years ago, I have recently gained 15 since taking a full time job. I started ETL to get my eating back on track and today exercised at our local gym for the first time in two weeks. I wanted to give my body a week to adjust to not near as many calories before heading to the gym. I LOVE this new found way of eating. It does get boring and "un-fun" at times, but is so worth feeling better and I know eventually looking better. Anyone have any thoughts on how much exercise is acceptable starting week two of ETL?
  • edielous
    edielous Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been eating per Dr. Fuhrman's recommendations for 5 days and am 12 lbs. lighter. I have been full all week. I have not ONCE been hungry or felt sorry for myself because I couldn't have something....I am sticking to only fruits and veggies and beans with some rice...but have had a couple pitas by Joseph's. I have been so full everyday that I just can't believe it! I've always done carrot juice in the am but with my awful food addiction and eating under stress I just don't lose weight. I've read and learned that we need whole foods in our diet. Eat to live simplified this whole plan and thought and made it easy to chose foods and not worry about my relationship with food. I still log in food because I want to see exactly what it's adding up to. Honestly I couldn't be more full every day!! Years ago I lost weight on the Rotation Diet - mostly fruits and veggies and it took a few years to gain back...believe me I ate all junk! I decided now that I want to stay Doctor free and pill free (thank goodness for carrot juice) and want my health back and want to lose weight...after 2 days I felt better mentally and after 5 days I honestly do not crave sweets.. I am so glad I found this book...I saw him on PBS and he made sense....what interested me was that he actually had guidelines instead of 'just eat veggies'...good luck to all of you out there..............I believe I have found my answer...so simple really............
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm am THRILLED to hear about this and congrats so much to you!!! I just started a 90 day bootcamp eating this way (I didn't know it was called the Eat to Live Diet) Just what I felt my body wanted to do. I'm on my first week and I feel GREAT! This is such encouraging news. Thank again for posting--woohoo!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • edielous
    edielous Posts: 3
    Options
    Ha ha I like your 'sweat is fat crying'! I really don't 'diet' but got so much information from that book that brought everything together for me,. And I am on day 7...feeling better everyday and more energetic and am starting to crave FRUITS and VEGGIES...what a relief! I cleaned out my closet to make way for new smaller clothes as I go...and, I may add, am being patient this time. Just want to develop an eating style that is actually a lifestyle of healthy eating. Good luck to you too!!
  • tntmom87
    tntmom87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Dr. Fuhrman or the Eat to Live program, but I just happened to run across this on Pinterest today and decided to look into it more. I'm very intrigued, but nervous. I'd like to give this a try (I need to do SOMETHING), but I'm going to do some more research. Love hearing of everyone's success with it though!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I was just told about this diet yesterday. I downloaded the book to my kindle today and I am eager to read about it and read this thread (and any other threads I find on this topic).
    We have LOADS of food allergies in this house. Funny thing is, half of them are animal derived. I hope the foods will also avoid the remaining allergens we have. I have been contemplating clean eatting for a while. This seems like it may be my road map!
    SO EXCITED!!!
  • juliebean298
    Options
  • juliebean298
    Options
    Are you doing the vegetarian way or the regular way? I saw how that if you do the vegetarian diet it helps you lose more, but I'm sure if you went back to eating meat the weight would come back. Congrats on doing so well though!!

Eating unhealthy meat and dairy products is not the "regular" way of the ETL program. It is meant to be a plant-based (vegan) diet, or at the very least, vegetarian with very limited amounts of dairy. If you are continuing to eat animal products, you are missing the big picture of this plan. Meat and dairy are the very foods that cause the diseases that the ETL program is trying to reduce through adopting a vegan diet. I've been vegetarian for over 8 years, and vegan for over 2, and I can tell you that you will feel so much better after you cut that crap (no pun intended) out of your diet! You should read up about the China Study, I believe that is mentioned in the ETL book.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    glad it seems to be working for you and has you feeling better! that's great :)
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As of 3/2/13 I made a choice to cut out all diary, meat and just eat a plant based nutrition life style. I had already purchased the Dr Furhman's eBook I had not started to read it yet... one day about 2 months later I saw him on Dr Oz I watched and said wow that is what I have been doing not even knowing it so I also brought the book in print I started reading it. I feel great, no more shortness of breathe I take the stairs up now at work, where before I could not, I have less joint pain and have not had a flare up with lupus since.

For me after seeing many shows on the meat industry and seeing all of the problems my friends and family have I have come to realize that yes it has to be the meat, diary, cheese, soda, and processed foods we eat that is the problem. Not to mention not moving enough sitting all day at work does not help either. Since 3/2 I have lost 16lbs, I have been at stand still now so I am starting to exercise more as I continue with this new life style.

Good for everyone who is having success with this program.

Michelle
  • Onemrbuzz7
    Onemrbuzz7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finished day4 today and it was hard.I wanted white pasta ,However my biggest concern today was going to the bathroom.I hope I get used to the roughage as I made a few trips.Tel me it gets better,
    Good luck Michelle
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Whole foods plant based diets ROCK!! I'm somewhere between McDougall and Esselstyn and Ornish, but they are all healthy and great for weight loss!
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Congrats,

You have more will power than me. I started this one time, but I gave up. I might have to to start again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!