smarston
smarston Posts: 78 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello-

Just started my first week of the P90X program, including the diet. Which seems to me like a ton of protein but oh well I'll give it a try. I'm pretty soar but still trucking along so far. I have had 4 wonderful boys and therefore put on a ton of unwanted weight. From April-November I have managed to lose 28 lbs just by running/lifting at the gym and some pilates at home. I have hit my plateau and it seems that the rest of my weight doesn't seem to want to let go. 22 lbs left and decided I needed to mix it up a bit. We'll see how it goes.

So far I am loving myfitnesspal! It makes it a lot easier to keep track of the foods I have eaten. My only problem is that I can't seem to eat enough. I am full all the time and I am barely making my allotted calories which are only 1200 and I can't possibly eat back my exercise calories which is anywhere from 6-800 calories a day. I am afraid I am going to send my body into starvation mode but I am seriously full. 3 meals and 2 snacks is filling me up and they are healthy low cal meals. Which are made up of the items on the P90X diet.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    If you are doing P90x you will definitely need more calories, or you will put stress on the body and go into starvation mode. You will not see the intended results of program if you don't eat more. Trust me I have finished 2 rounds of the 90 days you will need the energy just to get through the workouts and rebuild the muscles.

Try eating things like nut butters, and protein shakes to up your cals without having to eat a ton of food. Adding skim milk powder to other beverages adds cals and protein as well. Good luck with the program and please eat more. I thought the lowest cals on the p90x diet were like 2200??
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    1800 is the calorie intake for level 1. 1200 w/o the work out calories and 1800 including them. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check out GNC this weekend for some protein drinks.
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    welcome to mfp:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.