New here - need friends :)

Hi all! I normally don't go for the support groups or motivational speeches, I'm a bit hard headed and like to think I can do things on my own. Obviously I can't since I haven't lost weight in a very long time. When I was 16, I was the 160lb fat girl who everyone asked if I was pregnant. When I was 18, I was 180lbs and everyone just knew I was fat. I made a vow then not to be 200lbs by the time I was 20 (at that time 200lbs seemed HUGE and unlovable). I succeeded in that vow and lost 40lbs in my early twenties but then I married and had kids so that number has crept up over the dreaded 200 mark. So now at 34, I'm taking a stand. No more being the fat mom. No more feeling awkward in my clothes. I have the support of my wonderful hubby and together we've set obtainable goals for both of us with rewards. The problem with only having my husband as support is that we have a tendency to let each other slip and not hold each other accountable. So here I am asking for help from others to keep me motivated - moving - striving to be better.

Summation - I'm new - was fat, am fat, want to get fit - please help!

Replies