Do you like Planet Fitness? The Rush? YMCA?

Options
Hi everyone. I live in Nashville right now and my gym is Urban Active. I love it because they have tv's for every machine and it's strange, but I love being in the gym with all the meatheads (BIG meathead gym). I also love that alot of people use a personal trainer like me, so people aren't looking at me odd when I'm doing workouts in weird parts of the gym or all over the place. I just feel comfortable there.
Problem is, me and the hubs are moving to my hometown Chattanooga soon and I have to leave me favorite gym :( (Chattanoogans hit me up!) We've been looking at different gyms there and I'm just not finding a gym that I think I will love. Planet Fitness just opened up there and I took a look at it because it's a great price. But they don't "cater" to bodybuilders which is exactly my comfort zone! And they seem to have very few free weights, squat racks and all those things I want to incorporate into my workout as a get thinner and start to really focus on toning. I do want to lift heavy. I don't know if using lots of machines will get me where I want to be. Chatt also has The Rush, The YMCA and maybe other little gyms that I'm not aware of and then a local one which I don't care so much for. So... which one would you recommend, and do you like Planet Fitness? It's so cheap so it's starting out as the front runner.

Replies