Help Me

Options
colie46
colie46 Posts: 27 Member
I've been eating about 1200 calories to get down to 140 (GW) However, I am so tired! I eat nutritiously and get enough sleep but want a nap in the evening. I have started my second semester of nursing school so I know stress if a factor. Any tips to continue to lose weight but be more energized?

I eat snacks throughout the day and my diary is open. I don't stay hungry so I feel like I'm eating enough.

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    Have you considered taking a nap? If you just started school again you may just need to nap a little. I started napping recently. I have problems sleeping and after a few days I start falling apart so now, depending on my schedule I will take a little nap.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    How about eating more? 1200 calories is NOT enough for most people. Definitely not enough for me and I'd feel like sleeping too because it simply isn't enough ENERGY (calories are a form of energy). I think your current state of constantly feeling tired is probably the result of too few calories.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How about eating more? 1200 calories is NOT enough for most people. Definitely not enough for me and I'd feel like sleeping too because it simply isn't enough ENERGY (calories are a form of energy). I think your current state of constantly feeling tired is probably the result of too few calories.

^I agree 100%
  • colie46
    Options
    I'm scared to nap because I'm back into the swing of 10:30 bedtime and 6:30 am alarm.
  • Colleenmca
    Colleenmca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a multi-vitamin?
  • colie46
    Options
    I review my diary and it is closer to 1400. I'm sitting in class most of the time so that shouldn't use up too much energy? Maybe I just need more carbs?
  • colie46
    Options
    I take fish oil, flax seed oil, and a multi vitamin each day
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options

^I agree 100%

^ agree
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Cut your carbs and up your protein. Carbs give a "rush" and then a hard crash later. That may be when you get tired is when you lose that sugar and crash. It can't hurt you and can likely help since your protein intake on many days seems excessively low to me.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    :smile: Up your caloric intake to fuel your body, doesn't have to be alot, maybe even 1500? Even like an extra fruit! I love pineapple because the natural sugars give me lots of energy and I can feel good about eating them! Delish!
    Options
    I review my diary and it is closer to 1400. I'm sitting in class most of the time so that shouldn't use up too much energy? Maybe I just need more carbs?

How about eating 1500 calories a day. That is still below maintenance for you and will result in weight loss. It really sounds like a problem of not enough food because you're sleeping enough.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? I find when I've got a pretty good exercise schedule my energy levels are right up there.
  • colie46
    Options
    Cut your carbs and up your protein. Carbs give a "rush" and then a hard crash later. That may be when you get tired is when you lose that sugar and crash. It can't hurt you and can likely help since your protein intake on many days seems excessively low to me.

I'll try to up the protein, thanks for the suggestion :)
  • colie46
    Options

How about eating 1500 calories a day. That is still below maintenance for you and will result in weight loss. It really sounds like a problem of not enough food because you're sleeping enough.

Thanks. I'll try this as well as upping protein
  • mcjann
    mcjann Posts: 10
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting each night? Maybe you can adjust to an earlier bed time. Mayber take a 20 minute nap before that tired feeling hits but early enough to not disrupt your normal bedtime.
  • colie46
    Options
    Do you exercise? I find when I've got a pretty good exercise schedule my energy levels are right up there.

Yes, I run frequently to reduce my stress. I try at least 20 minutes for 3 times per week.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    eat more. you're constantly under your calories. eat back your exercise calories, if you eat back your exercise calories, you'll still have a good deficit. seems like you're at 1lb a week? if it gets really bad, lower your weight loss goals if you must for a bit so you can eat even more. your body's telling you something! you're also very close to your weight loss goal. 1/2 a pound a week is better than 1lb and feeling less than 100%.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and eat more protein like beef, chicken, tuna, eggs, nuts, legumes, so on and so forth.
    Options

Thanks. I'll try this as well as upping protein

Good! Happy you're receptive. Soooo many people aren't and it makes it difficult to help! :)
  • colie46
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting each night? Maybe you can adjust to an earlier bed time. Mayber take a 20 minute nap before that tired feeling hits but early enough to not disrupt your normal bedtime.

I get 8 hours on the dot. I lay down at 10:00 and am asleep by 10:30 if not before and don't have to snooze at 6:30 I feel rested until the afternoon