Flat Outs?

Options
What do you do with these besides make "wraps". I tried making pizza but wasn't very creative so I only had sauce, cheese, chicken breast and jalepenos on it.

Any recipes or yummy ideas welcome! I'd hate for the pack to go to waste, I just don't want to buy ham or turkey to make wraps and waste those too.

Replies

• tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The Flat Out site has a recipe section:
    http://www.flatoutbread.com/category/recipes/

I have thought about making "pita chips" out of them by just baking them with some seasoning.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    cut 'em up and bake them in the oven til they're hard and then eat them with hummus or salsa or dips.
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    southernGIRLgetsFIT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I never thought of this! I have a family size tub of hummus in my fridge:)
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    Options
    bump
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    When I ate grains I used them mostly for pizzas or wraps. Can also cut them, spritz with oil and bake for chips.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've made burgers wih them. Also cut them at the seam and made little tacos.
  • mommawhtz4dinner
    Options
    I use Flat Outs for Pizza. My favorite healthy toppings are: pizza sauce, arugula or spinach, low fat mozz. cheese (only 1/4 cup), grilled chicken breast, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, red, yellow or green peppers, and sometimes even a few cashews. Not all at the same time, of course, mix it up differently each time.
  • mandymayhem6
    Options
    i use them for tacos as most tortillas are around 60-120 calories a piece...flat outs are 90 a piece, but i cut them in half to make 2 tacos out of each. i can have 2 delicious tacos with my favorite stuff on em for around 110 calories a piece :D

i use them for awesome mini 300 calorie pizzas as well, but i use bbq sauce (just a teaspoons worth) for sauce, lowfat cheese and LOTS of diced veggies, and plenty of seasonings. im drooling just thinking about it LOL i just ran out of them yesterday and wouldnt you know it, my grandmother decided to make tacos :p
  • GodsyGirl
    GodsyGirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use them and make breakfast burritos in the morning. Use egg whites (or eggs if you prefer), onions, bell peppers, meat if you want, add a little salsa and go to town!
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    I saw those tonight when I was picking up stuff to make for the week but I did not buy them - now I will need to venture back and get a pack to try!
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use them for pizzas.. I toast them a little bit first, then add toppings and toast some more!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I make kicka$$ quesadillas out of them! Chicken, low fat mozzarella, grilled onions & bell peppers, black beans...full of veggies, protein & fiber and sooo yummy. :)
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • southernGIRLgetsFIT
    Options
    great ideas everyone!

Thinking I might try some type of buffalo chicken pizza with them...
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use them on burgers, make spinach dip and dip them in it, make grilled cheese... lots of stuff!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I have never heard of these. Checked the web site and wow! Even found out my little podunk grocery store carries them! Thanks for the thread.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Don't like them! Also too expensive.
  • sweet50935
    sweet50935 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can make quesedillas with them or breakfast burritioes.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Make a breakfast burrito, or just a breakfast wrap.

Nut butter of choice with fruit of choice, then roll. Talk about fresh "jelly"!

You can also freeze them so you don't have to use them so quickly. I find putting a paper towel, or plastic wrap, or whatever, between the layers makes it easier to remove one at a time from freezer.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Never thought to make chips with them - awesome! Bump