Easy protein recipes to make every day

Options
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had some simple recipes for any type of protein that doesn't take a long time to prepare. Meat + salt + pepper isn't really cutting it anymore, haha. Thanks for any help you can give =)

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Meat (No salt No Pepper)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pour a little Italian dressing into a skillet, add chicken breast, cook on medium heat til done and add a little more dressing on top when done. 1 tbsp of the dressing I use only has 55 cals and since it's oily, no additional oil is needed.

If you get the thin sliced chicken breast, it really only takes about 8-10 min, if that.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I throw a huge package of chicken breasts in the crockpot and cook all day. I then have really quick food all week. I shred it and use for tacos, wraps, salads, etc. Cheap(er), can't really be easier and healthy because I don't cook with crap including salt. If I want to spice it up I put in chili or taco powder or throw in a jar of low sodium salsa.

I do it occasionally with beef or pork too. I am bad on those though because the pork I cook in root beer and the beef with a jar of peppercinis. Oh so good.
  • movalpolos
    movalpolos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Meat (No salt No Pepper)

Need more prep instructions.

Greenkey and wftiger, thanks for the tips. Exactly the type of thing I was looking for! I love crock pots.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

Crush peppercorns coarsely in a mortar and pestle

Salt steak and then press in peppercorns

in a pre heated cast iron pan, with a little oil cook about 3-5 min a side

Deglaze pan with cognac and add in cream and reduce till it thickens a bit
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Meat

fixed.

(because no salt and no pepper is just crazy talk. especially if we're talking beef.)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    and if you want ease, can't go wrong with the crock pot. generally, that's all throw it in and eat eight hours later.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I just tried spiced tofu (dried ) today. It tastes nothing like regular tofu in that it has the texture of meat and a nice light spiced taste. I put it in stir fry tonight. It was very good.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

uhhh yum! I need to start getting my recipes from you. I may have to try that. I was just going to recommend marinating...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i pretty much live on salmon steaks. high protein, good fats, healthy dose of omegas. bake with olive oil, lemon, rosemary, & thyme. mmmm
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf-seasoning packet, 1 egg, 1 lbs. beef turkey, 1/4 cup water (for most recipes), cook in oven for 1 hour, and freeze leftovers

Anything in the crockpot like chili, chicken breasts, buffalo wings, taco meat

Guacamole and tomato sandwiches-1 avocado mashed, 1 romato tomato sliced, 2 peices of bread, Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning on top for flavor, add a peice of cheese for additional protein

Greek yogurt and 100 calorie pack of almonds

Quiches
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Boca crumbles (frozen vegetarian food section) are decent, if you like soy. You can toss a 1/2 cup of them into anything, and they add 13g protein. I use them on flatbread pizzas.
  • nxd10
    Options
    Pork chops marinaded in low sodium soy sauce for 1o minutes. Put on wire rack under broiler 5 minutes on a side. Also works for salmon, chicken, any other slab protein you can think of.

Or replace soy sauce with salad dressing or barbecue sauce or Sriracha or yoghurt with curry powder.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,957 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Open package -- eat!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

This sounds good and since my wife is visiting our children for the birth of our 21st grandchild I'm cooking for myself. I might try this.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

This sounds good and since my wife is visiting our children for the birth of our 21st grandchild I'm cooking for myself. I might try this.

Before deglazing, remove steak to rest. When deglazing with cognac watch out as it should catch fire
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    chicken salsa is very easy - chicken breast - add you favorite spices, top with 2 tbsp of any salsa..keeps it nice and moist
    Also - stuffed chicken breast - I like ricotta cheese or mozerrella (use low fat stuff, you only need about 1/8 of a cup) wrap it in low sodium bacon, proscuitto or serrano ham....place in skillet to brown, few minutes per side, pop in oven on 425 for about 20 minutes...delicious and with a big chicken breast (about 175 grams) and cheese and wrapping only comes to about 400 calories...serve with salad...then the old easy go to is stir fry, slice whatever meat you have thinly, saute whatever veggies you like, add chicken, add some spices and pour over rice :)
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Steak au Poivre

This sounds heavenly. :love:
  • nxd10
    Options
    Stick boneless short ribs in crockpot 4 hours with onions. OMG!