700-calorie meal

Options
I've recently gotten into this habit of eating about 700 calories spread out through breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack and then end up with 700 left over for dinner (my goal is 1400). It's not intentional, I just find myself in this situation at the end of the day. I'm not having a problem with losing weight, but I'm wondering, does eating such a large meal near the end of the day mess up my metabolism or expand my stomach a lot or something?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. Hasn't seem to affect me whatsoever.
  • hannahchipmunk
    Options
    thanks for the input :)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Not gonna hurt you at all. I find it helpful to be more full at night because then I don't snack.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I do it every day! 74lbs down so can't be doing much harm! x
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    everyone processes food different..try mixing it up..eat a large breakfast or lunch and light dinner and see what happens ;) good luck
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    My dinner is routinely around 700 - 1000 cals. Feed the machine girl!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    plus I'd say 700 is the minimum you need to fuel you through the day, especially if your working. I find if I eat less than that I am usually really hungry late on and it ends up being counterproductive! x
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten into this habit of eating about 700 calories spread out through breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack and then end up with 700 left over for dinner (my goal is 1400). It's not intentional, I just find myself in this situation at the end of the day. I'm not having a problem with losing weight, but I'm wondering, does eating such a large meal near the end of the day mess up my metabolism or expand my stomach a lot or something?

I usually eat 2 1k meals and a 500 cal dessert. It seems to be working for me.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yikes... I didn't know 700 calories was a big meal! My dinners and evening snacks are usually between 1200-1500 calories. :laugh:

Personally, it never seemed to slow my weight loss. I exercise in the evening, so I'm usually hungrier in the evening.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I generally eat more than half of mine at night too because if I didn't get to feel full at least once a day I'd probably have shelved this months ago!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I like saving more calories for night time so i can have a nice dinner and some snacks while watching tv. I've just reached my goal. Have at it!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm told that 600-800 calorie dinner is about average, and the last poster must be doing great to lose so much weight doing it! Great job! Mine are usually anywhere between 450-900 by dinner time. With 900 left, I don't always get to use them all, so 700 is good. :) Good luck!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it at all!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I tend to stagger my calories more toward earlier in the day. This, along with a high fat/protein breakfast, tends to keep my blood sugar happy and my appetite in check. Our bodies are different. It sounds like you're finding this works for you. If it ain't broke... :wink:
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I almost always eat close to 1000 cals after 5PM and it did not hurt my weight loss.

If you're not noticing any problems and it works for you, go for it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat at least half my calories at my evening meal msot of the time. I did it while losing and do it while in maintenance and I did it all my life before I ever need to lose. I was raised this way. Breakfast and lunch weren't big meals and dinner in the evening was a big meal that the whole family sat and ate together.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I like saving more calories for night time so i can have a nice dinner and some snacks while watching tv. I've just reached my goal. Have at it!

Its not boobie Friday already, is it?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Idon't think it will harm you. I've been all over the board as far as placing my calories. Currently I just eat a lot if low calorie meals/snacks
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I try to save at least 900 calories for dinner and evening snacks. It's worked for me so far! :)