Stress vent... trying to stop a sugar binge...

Options
I am hoping that by venting I will be able to stop myself from eating a bunch of candy...

I have this HUGE exam tomorrow and I know I'm going to be up ridiculously late studying and ALL I want is to eat a bag of maple nut goodies!!!! I just know how guilty I will feel afterwards if I do eat a bag of them!! (Especially because I haven't worked out for two days now...) But I'm wondering if I will, in an attempt to prevent myself from eating them, just eat AROUND them and end up eating them plus a whole lot more?!?! Maybe I should just eat the maple nut goodies...?!

How can I stop myself from eating them? Or should I just eat them and move on with life? How do you guys deal when you are in a stressful moment and can't stop thinking about a certain food? Some motivation would be awesome right now!!

Replies

• amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I wouldn't have them lying around, if it was something I didn't want myself to eat. If they were, I'd eat them and move on.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If the food is in my house, and I want it, sadly I am going to eat it. I have zero willpower when something is literally right there within my reach. I don't know what maple nut goodies are, but if they were here, I'd probably eat them. lol (then I'd workout...hopefully)
  • SexymamaE
    Options
    if u dont have will power go a head and eat them and then workout atleast burn some of them off if not all or if u don't work out look at it this way it's a new day tomo. Think bout this for every piece u eat u r taking ur self away from ur family thats how i stop eating all the wrong foods my hubby told me that one. U can do:wink:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Do you have any calories left for them? If I don't, I normally either go burn some calories (try jumping jacks for ten minutes if nothing else!) or distract myself with doing something on the computer away from food, talking to somebody on the phone, or maybe have some hot tea with stevia if I have no calories left. Good idea to post on here. Can't eat while typing right? :laugh: But shouldn't you be studying? :wink:
  • jwilson56
    Options
    My wife and I ditched all the foods and treats that we decided was on our 'bad' list and vowed not to bring 'goodies' into the house. It is the only way not to give in for late night snacking or moments of stress. If we decide to give ourselves a treat we would prefer to buy a single scoop of icecream and eat it out then to have a 1/2 gallon in the house as an example.

As for stress I can relate... it has been a very bad couple weeks for us around here and it is a good thing we have each other to help get past those moments when some comfort food would be great.....

Just keep your eye on the goal and if you fall of the wagon just get back on the next day and never give up....
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For treats I always exersice for them first and have a low cal lunch and dinner, don't be too hard on yourself just eat it if you wont be too hard on yourself later.
    I sometimes tell myself that it is good to have a binge every now and again as it stops the plateus, this probably isn't true but I don't feel guilty.
  • jhb090107
    Options
    Take it from someone who made it through law school on caffeine and nicotine the sugar is just gonna make you crash. The lesser of all 3 evils here would appear to be the caffeine and there are plenty of low calorie, low sugar, and low fat ways to get that fix.

Besides your exam is important to you and binge guilt will interfere with both your ability to study and perform on the test.

Study hard and you will not need luck of any kind!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I read that drinking 8-12 oz of water was better to wake you up than coffee during the day when you have a drop in energy. One day the secretary was tired and got coffee. I told her about this and she still drank the coffee. About 45 minutes she was still yawning and fighting sleep. I got her a big glass of water and said "humor me". She drank it and in a few minutes was rejuvenated. It's worth a try!
    :flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: Good luck on your exam!:flowerforyou:
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am hoping that by venting I will be able to stop myself from eating a bunch of candy...

I have this HUGE exam tomorrow and I know I'm going to be up ridiculously late studying and ALL I want is to eat a bag of maple nut goodies!!!! I just know how guilty I will feel afterwards if I do eat a bag of them!! (Especially because I haven't worked out for two days now...) But I'm wondering if I will, in an attempt to prevent myself from eating them, just eat AROUND them and end up eating them plus a whole lot more?!?! Maybe I should just eat the maple nut goodies...?!

How can I stop myself from eating them? Or should I just eat them and move on with life? How do you guys deal when you are in a stressful moment and can't stop thinking about a certain food? Some motivation would be awesome right now!!

There are so many healthy options to choose from to kill the sweet tooth cravings. Go to your local health shop, trader joes. Order from online ect..Buy yourself some healthy treats to keep around for these situations. That way you can eat the treat, kill the cravings with ZERO GUILT! May not be much help this time but atleast you'll be prepared next time when the situation comes up.
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    flush them down the toliet, open the bag and pour them in the garbage can or put something nasty on them so you will not be able to eat them.That is if you have absolutly no will power. If you have cals left for the day fill the remain with how many you have left of the candy and get rid of the rest if the aformention ways. :laugh:
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I was at work today and was totally stressed and ended up eating a pint of blue bell chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream... :angry:
    Needless to say, I am very disappointed in myself. I'm sure you have a better will power than I did! You can do it! Steer clear of the sugar binges! I'm trying to stop them too!!