Chia Seeds.....Who can share some information???

Options
Not sure how I stumbled across Chia Seeds...but before I go out and buy some, can anyone provide me with what you know about Chia Seeds. Also any tips, recipes, and how they have helped you. All information would be appreciated. :love:

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just throw them in smoothies. apparently they are supposed to swell and give you a full feeling, but I never found that. I don't know much else about them.
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    They are high in those omega fats and fibre. I add them to my smoothies and steel cut oatmeal.
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I add them to overnight oats and they do swell up (kind of like tapioca). I have heard of chia pudding also- I just need to find a recipe :)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    http://nuts.com/cookingbaking/chia-seeds/premium.html

Go here. Information and you can order all kinds of "chia" stuff. Nice company to deal with and their raw nuts are incredible.
  • Villy17
    Villy17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good Source of Omega-3's
    Good Source of Fibre
    Good Source of Calcium
    Antioxidant Power

And they are something easily put into things like smoothies. Or thrown on top of oatmeal, salads or yogurt.

Very good for you, a true Superfood!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love the little things. Mostly I use them to bulk up my fiber count for the day. I just sprinkle them on whatever I am eating. When I used to eat bagels I would put them on my bagel and cream cheese. Let them soak in some coconut milk for a pudding. There is a drink called Dave's GT it's kombucha with chia seeds. The black chia? OMG delicious.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    iI eat sprouted chia powder in my protein shakes,its a super food mainly eaten by the Aztecs, high in omega fats,and protein.good nutty taste good for you.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Let them soak in 2x the height they make in a shallow dish, then add them to a smoothie, or as a filler for oats, baking, or anything else you can think of. They are pretty flavorless but when soaked, they create a nice texture and 'bulk' out smoothies so you feel fuller :)
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR WEBSITE LINKS AND USES. I'll purchase some and give them a try. Love smoothies; love oats; love pudding.....so I think I can handle this!!!! Thanks again. :drinker:
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I prefer chia seed pudding

1) 2 tbsp chia seeds
    2) Soy, almond, hemp, etc milk added, 1/2 or so
    3) 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin, butternut squash, or similar
    4) plenty of cinnamon

Mix all that together, let sit for 10 minutes and eat
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options