New Year's Eve plans???

Options
JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
Last year was a bust so the Mr wants to do something big i.e. Vegas or NYC. I think it's too much... now he's leaving it up to me to come up with ideas...

I've got nothin'!

HELP!!
Thanks.
♡JJ

Yes I know it's still far off, but plans will have to be made.

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You man wants to take you to Vegas and you have 5ish months to plan and save? GO TO VEGAS.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Really? That's it?
    Help people!!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's..... August?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'd go.
    We'll be planning a wedding and likely just sitting around watching Sopranos like last year. So freaking do it up, somebody has to.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I thought the world was going to end before then.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Don't do NYC. It's ridiculously expensive! I assume b/c of the time of year the flights will be more costly... Times Square to watch the ball drop is iconic, sure but just WAY too many people. You literally have to camp out from the AM hours if you want to do that. If you want to go to a decent club/lounge/bar/restaurant you're probably looking at a minimum of $125 per person cover charge for a decent place. $60 cover for your run of the mill place. Anything without a cover will be so packed you can't get in.

I live in NYC and I love it on NYE... but that's because I go party hopping (house parties usually) or run the streets drunk to enjoy the merriment. As a tourist, I would avoid it.

Vegas though, give that a shot! Or Miami? ooo warm NYE would be awesome
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Last year was a bust so the Mr wants to do something big i.e. Vegas or NYC. I think it's too much... now he's leaving it up to me to come up with ideas...

I've got nothin'!

HELP!!
    Thanks.
    ♡JJ

Yes I know it's still far off, but plans will have to be made.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to times square for NYE!!!!!!
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    Vegas though, give that a shot! Or Miami? ooo warm NYE would be awesome

Agreed ^^^I would love to go to Vegas. I live in FL so Miami wouldn't be my first choice but you would probably enjoy it.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I personally would prefer a warm beach some place, but thats just me. Good luck finding something awesome!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'd say Vegas.

I always wanted to go somewhere warm for Christmas/New Year's, but I can't get that time off from work :(
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We've done Vegas for New Years. It was FABULOUS. I highly recommend it. Book early. Live it up. They close off the strip and literally EVERYONE goes out before midnight to watch the fireworks (going off from a few hotels in various directions). We were able to buy bottles of liquor at the store and sip them where we stood (as long as you don't make it too obvious).

We want to do NY some time soon too. It is our wedding anniversary so I never get to sit home.
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to do something romantic with your hubby?
    I live in Alberta Canada, so my boyfriend and I were thinking of going to the Rocky Mountains for New Years. We were going to book a cabin at a lodge. They have a huge party for all the guests staying there on New Years Eve, but you two can be alone for rest of the time you are there. It is just too expensive for us right now, but I think that is something we will save money for next year. Personally, I prefer the cold over going somewhere warm!

If you can't get to Canada, or don't want to go to Canada, I am sure there is something in the Colorado Rockies. I have never been, but I hear they are beautiful.
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We'll be on Bonaire for New Year's Eve. I've never been there, but sure am looking forward to it! Maybe try someplace you've never been?
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lots of hotels have NYE parties! Go have fun and stumble up to the room afterwards :)
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Vegas easily. the true 24 hour city that never sleeps :-) but yes book early cause we fill up!