My Success

Options
So this is my first post, but I read a lot in this forum and I find it motivating. It helped me towards my goals and made me want to share my success so maybe I can help someone else stay on the wagon.

I am in the army... so fitness has been and will be a part of my life for my career. About 2 years ago I tore my MCL (the inner knee ligament) and was forced into crutches and an immobilization brace, and then surgery. After my surgery it took 18 months of physiotherapy to get back to running again, and being able to do most of the things I could before my injury.

The picture on the left is me Dec 2010 - 2 months after surgery when I was beginning rehab
The picture on the right is me 3 weeks ago.

481962_10151162419168000_413996937_n.jpg

The message I want to give is that despite physical limitations, be it an injury, or starting out overweight you can hit your goals and surpass them.

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    wow great job! makes all the rest of us realize we have to stop making excuses! you look much happier!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Dude!! Huge difference!!!! Looking good! Your hard work is just shining!!! Awesome! Good for you, And Thank you for doing what you do for this Country! Great post...:flowerforyou:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That is so Awesome! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    Well done and I wish you well as you persevere. Thank you for your motivation, inspiration and service.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!