What if I don't eat back my calories?

Options
On an average day I eat about 1300 calories and burn around 220. Everyone says you need to eat them back but is it *that* bad if I don't?

Replies

• zwoodcock
    zwoodcock Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories per day is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM that ANYONE should eat, unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional. If you eat 1300 Calories and burn 220, then you're only "eating" 1080. That lack of 120 Calories may not seem like much, but over time it can force your body into "starvation mode." This causes your body to automatically store any and all extra Calories as fat, as the body thinks that you're in a situation where you cannot get enough food. This, in turn, can cause you to gain weight.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine to eat 1300 and burn 220 without eating them back. Eat them back if you need them or want them. Eat them back if you feel you aren't getting enough. But I think it's fine to do without them at those levels. You are eating 1300, you are netting 1080. But you are eating above the minimum 1200.

Though of course without knowing more info, we really don't know if that amount of calories is sufficient for you, either.