Frozen Reese's Protein cups

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I got this idea from this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/611109-frozen-reeses-protein-cups

The recipe and everything is in that thread. I just wanted to bump this and post my comparative results when making one batch with PB2 (Google it!) and with Peanut Butter & Co's White Chocolate Dream Peanut Butter.

Both were so good, though the regular peanut butter batch was a bit creamier. I used PB2 in one batch and Peanut Butter & Co's White Chocolate Dream in the other batch.

This is the info for the PB2 batch:
PB2 Peanut Butter Cups, 1 serving 80 cals 1 fat 11 carbs 8 protein 115 sodium 7 sugar

And for the regular peanut butter:
Peanut butter cups, regular, 1 serving 114 cals 5 fat 12 carbs 7 protein 79 sodium 9 sugar

So aside from the sodium, the PB2 is the "healthier" way to go, and really the taste difference is negligible. I'd definitely go for the silicone pans or smaller muffin tins to freeze them in. I used just regular cupcake wrappers and it was hard to keep them in shape.

Thanks to the original poster, Picola1984, for this recipe!! I'll definitely be making these again! :drinker:

Replies