Headaches?

Options
Has anyone gotten headaches upon first starting their diet and exercise changes? Mine started on Friday and have been on and off...however, when I was working out, it started hurting a bit more? Did anyone else experience this? Any help will do...btw, I don't really ever get headaches.

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    make sure you're eating enough and drinking enough water. See if that helps.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When first beginning an exercise program, a lot of people have a tendency to hold their breath and/or clench their jaws through the difficult portions. It's most common when lifting weights, but it's easy to do whenever you are doing something particularly difficult. I still do it sometimes if I don't remind myself not to!

If the headache hits while you are working out or an hour or so later, this might be the problem. You can try reminding yourself to let your lower jaw hang loose and see if that helps.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I feel like Im getting one right now lol....

I get in about 1100-1300 calories (after exercise) when as a male Im suppose to have over 1600. lol.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I get this when I am dehydrated and ALWAYS when my blood sugar is low. It is a sure sign I need to eat.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When first beginning an exercise program, a lot of people have a tendency to hold their breath and/or clench their jaws through the difficult portions. It's most common when lifting weights, but it's easy to do whenever you are doing something particularly difficult. I still do it sometimes if I don't remind myself not to!

If the headache hits while you are working out or an hour or so later, this might be the problem. You can try reminding yourself to let your lower jaw hang loose and see if that helps.
    I might be doing that...hmm...I'll consider it tomorrow...
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I believe I'm drinking enough water...I net about 1000 instead of 1200 but I always eat when I'm hungry! I just burned 300 through exercise and I'm kind of hungry now, so I may have a snack.