Body Media Fit Link

Options
So, in a moment of weakness, I bought a used Body Media Fit Link.; it's the model that you can link to your phone and see how you are doing throughout the day. Has anyone here used one? Did you find it to be accurate? Any tips/tricks?

Replies

• Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have been considering getting one and was wondering what others think of it here too.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I want one too! Wanting to get one in a couple weeks!
    I read they're 90% accurate.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't have the link version, but I love the one I do have. I was surprised at how many calories that I burn throughout the day. I have consistently lost 1-2 pounds per week since I got mine.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I found this thread when I researched problems with LInk armbands. I've had a regular Body Media unit for about 3 years and 1.5 years ago I got a Link. I liked the idea of checking my iphone throughout the day to see calories burned and steps taken.
    I gave my old unit to my husband and used the Link for months with great results. Then, the Link stopped linking with my iPhone and Body Media CS sent me a new one after troubleshooting over the phone didn't fix the issue. I was so disappointed when my latest Link stopped linking with my phone. I've re-paired the unit with the phone, re-booted both the phone and the armband and it may work once but I have to go through that entire process each time I want it to link...ugh!!!! And even after all those steps, it often doesn't link. It also does this thing where the green indicator light stays on (not flashing) after I quickly push the button to try and link it to the phone. My phone is a 4s with the latest operating system but the last unit gave me trouble with my old iphone 3Gs. I've also since switched computers from a Dell to a Mac, both with the latest OS's, so it's not the computers. I've given a lot of details but the whole ordeal has been extremely frustrating, so much so that I don't even want to call CS again.

I gave up on the Link and switched back to my regular old unit and it's working fine. I don't like having to connect a USB to it every time I want to check my stats but that's where I'm at. I believe it's accurate and my weight loss coincides with my daily deficits.

Bottom line, until the Link bluetooth feature works better, I'd just go for a regular unit.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I don't have the link version, but I love the one I do have. I was surprised at how many calories that I burn throughout the day. I have consistently lost 1-2 pounds per week since I got mine.

same here! I have just the small one, not link.

I LOVE IT. So accurate for me its crazy. I lose almost exactly what it tells me
  • dallen388
    Options
    I've had mine for 3 weeks and have lost consistently as well! I don't have the link one either, wasn't worth the extra money to me. May get the digital display that I thought it came with later but I love it jyst the way it is :-)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I have the 'core' model (the one that's smaller) and my husband has the 'link' version. I find it to be EXTREMELY helpful. Before I got it, I had my MFP set to 'sedentary' and it was recommending around 1500 calories per day. My armband consistently shows me burning at least 2000 per day even on lazy no-workout barely even cleaned the house days. LOL On days when I'm really busy cleaning and generally running around getting stuff done, I can burn up to around 2500 even WITHOUT a workout. I re-set my MFP profile to 'active' and now it recommends 1820 calories per day but I still normally burn a good deal more than that per my armband just due to how active I usually am during the day taking care of my kids and whatnot, so I still end up adding in an 'adjustment' every day just to account for my actual numbers. I love that it recognizes whether or not sitting on the couch all day, gives me motivation to get up and DO stuff during the day even when I'm not feeling up to working out. I love that it takes increased daily activity into account, not *just* workouts. Although I do really love that it can keep track of my vigorous activity vs. moderate activity as well (insanity really racks up my vigorous activity time). It can also tell if I'm laying in bed all day not feeling well. I think the lowest I've ever burned for the day was around 1800-ish on a day when I was in bed until like 4 in the afternoon b/c I was sick. I had a day that I laid in bed sick until late afternoon and it gave me super low numbers b/c I wasn't active at all that day. LOVE my BMF.