Need Help

Options
Hi!!!! My name is Hannah!! Im new to myfitnesspal and this is my 2nd day! Im 23 years old and 280lbs! I currently live in Japan (mil wife) but we are headed to Texas soon! I want/need to be healthy but I find myself constantly failing!!!!!!!! I just dont know how to keep going once Ive started!! Also, when I go to the gym Im completely dumbfounded and just head straight for the treadmill! I usually poke fun at myself infront of people that way they maybe wont do it behind my back and Im actually very self conscious. Any help, advice or support would be great :)<3

Replies

• mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Hannah! You can to the right place.. It has worked really well for me and I love the support of everyone here! I am from Texas .. and would love to motivate eachother :) Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am on everyday without fail and log everything! I will support you and kick your a** if you need it - but only if you return the favour!
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    So glad you joined MFP. This is a great place to find friends and support. I am sending you a friend request.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni :flowerforyou:
  • gushi1971
    Options
    Add me too!!! I am pretty much the same sarting weight and probably roughly same amount to lose!!! Looking forward to supporting each other!!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Where in Texas will you be at?
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hannah! I am on every day, and would love to help encourage you along the way. This is a great site with some great motivators, feel free to add me and good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome Hannah! I am also a military wife, and I've had three kids in six years..so I can relate to that part of the struggle as well. Feel free to add me and we can support each other! You CAN do this!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site. I would love to help you lose your weight...I am sending you a friend request! Good luck to you!
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • cherylplinder
    Options
    Hi Hannah!
    I have had the most success losing weight with tracking my intake and exercise online. There's something about being able to look and see that if you eat whatever is tempting you, you either won't be losing that day, or you have to add some exercise to lose that day. A couple of years ago I lost 25 pounds over about 6 months. I didn't restrict my calories too much, but I swam every day for an hour or two and tracked what I ate to make sure that I would at least be losing. I am restricting calories a lot more this time because I have a lot more to lose. I had a baby a couple of years ago and gained 40 pounds after I had her, and I already needed to lose weight before I got pregnant. I am still swimming about an hour and a half a day. I like that the most because you burn a lot of calories and you don't have to be hot. I live in the deep south and summertime exercise is a sweaty business. You can do it! Once you get started and start to lose you will find it easier! Good luck!
  • hannahcaringal
    Options
    Hi Hun!

My name is Hannah too and I guess we have something in common with joining this website! I, myself am trying to lose weight and hopefully we can all motivate each other! Don't worry I was in the same position as you were before the summer. Just keep focused!! Cardio is really good for you so you are definitely taking a step in the right direction. What helped me when I first started out was that I went SLOW. Always always start slow, if you don't you are just setting yourself up for failure because you will try so hard in the beginning and then realize that its so hard and then you won't want to do it anymore. Eating healthy and working out is MENTAL thing, so as long as you tell yourself you can do it, that you can go another 10 mins on the treadmill then those will be like mini accomplishments.

Wish you all the success on your weight loss journey :)

Hannah
  • hannahcaringal
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Hannah I am 21 years old and 140lbs. I want to lose weight because my BMI is a little high for someone my age and height. I am really hoping to lose 10lbs, which isn't a lot, but it's pretty hard considering I got to nursing school (and wake up those early morning shifts :( ), combined with work, a boyfriend and family. Any help considering motivation and eating healthy would be VERY much appreciated. Healthy recipes would also be appreciated as well as exercise tips concerning toning and resistance training.

I wish you all success on your weight loss journeys!!

xoxo,
    Hannah