Does anyone else weight in every day?

Options

Replies

• Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I don't record it here until I've seen the same number for a week. I don't let the numbers worry me but I think it keeps me on track.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before food, just to get an idea of an average or consistent weight. I don't let it bother me unless I have gained a ton, lol otherwise I say "ok, that's what I weigh today, time to eat" I have my official weigh in day once a week as well.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I weigh in every day, but I don't log it unless it's been a week or it's a significant drop. I guess I like keeping myself accountable and feel like I can avoid any big surprise gains if I catch them early.
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale most days, only because I find it interesting to watch it fluctuate on a day-to-day basis, but I only "officially" weigh-in once a week

^^ This
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    if it works for you, and does not make you crazy, go for it. When you start to fixate on it, is when you need to stop. :laugh:
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do... and what works for some may not work for others. I have a hard time staying on track so checking my weight each day helps me stay on track.
  • drelan
    drelan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day the same as you but I don't log it on here until I lose. It doesn't drive me crazy or make me disappointed enough to give up if the scale doesn't move or, God forbid, goes up. I think each person handles it differently. If it works for you, keep doing it.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i weigh every day. in the morning right after i use the bathroom and before i get dressed for work.
    but i log it using an iphone app called True Weight.
    the program uses an averaging calculation to estimate what my real weight probably is.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and have no intention of stopping. At first I would get upset when I saw fluctuations...but I was able to get myself in the mindset that my body will have those. I will retain water. I will eat carbs. I will have salt. BUT...in the end...I use my morning weigh in more as a reminder to myself that my health is my goal for the day. It helps me to stay focused.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    no once a week, same day each week- within hour of getting up. :)
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I weigh every day...I have a spreadsheet that I use to log my numbers so that I can track the trends over time. It doesn't drive me crazy and I don't obsess about it. It's nice for me to be able to look back and see that I'm not retaining as much water now at my TOM as I was even 2 months ago. I don't log it here daily-I only do that on Mondays, when we have our "official" weigh in at work (we've been doing a fitness challenge). If I get to a point that I start obsessing about it, I'll change. Until then, it's what helps me stay focused. :smile:
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only log losses, that way the fluctuations don't make me crazy. The goal is to lose weight and if you know you haven't over eaten there is no need to log the gains...it has to be WATER!! You have to find the method that works for you!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Terrible idea. Stop now. You will drive yourself insane. I've havent been on the scale since mid-July.

There's too many variables (mainly water and stress) that cause weight to fluctuate up to 5lbs in a given 24 hours. Once a week, same circumstances. That's all you need.
    I disagree, oh similarly-named person. :smile: I have weighed myself every day since the beginning of January, and I'm not yet insane. In fact, I find that I'm very emotionally detached from the number on the scale. I see it go down, and up, and down again, and stay the same... I know that it is not a complete refection of what is going on with my body, but it is one indication. I'd rather weigh every day and be relaxed about it than weigh weekly and freak out because the day I weigh happens to be an "up" day. I'm also a geek, so I like to log it in a spreadsheet and make a graph which makes the overall downward trend obvious.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    once every 30 days
  • JahanviP
    Options
    I do this! every day, five days a week! but the scale shows variations everyday! on monday i was 50, yesterday i was 51 and today again i was 50! it baffles me! :( anyone else facing this problem?
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I don't let fluctuations affect my day. If you are able to keep your emotions out of it, it's kind of interesting to understand your loss patterns. I get that not everyone can do that, so each person has to do what works for them. I like the accountability factor. Every time I've stopped weighing daily, my weight creeps up - out of sight, out of mind I guess.
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. But, I have a great reason for it.

My nutritionist explained that if you are trying to determine if your body is reacting to certain foods then you must track everything you eat. If you are eating only what your body likes, you should see the scale go down every morning. You get on it after your first morning pee when you are naked. If you are up at all you have eaten something that your body does not like.

So, I weigh every day to make sure I have removed all sensitive items from my diet.

If you buy into this theory it is completely necessary to weigh every day.
  • pagella
    pagella Posts: 44
    Options
    I do!
  • candicelee80
    Options
    I do weigh almost everyday. I have had trouble with water retention and this helps me see what is working and not. Also, I know I sometimes feel heavier and I weigh myself and I am the same, or vice versa. I have felt lighter and weighed more. It allowed me to look at culprits that would be causing it. I am new to this website but so far weighing daily has worked for me and if it works for you, then fine.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in nearly every day, but since I hit maintenance, I've cut back to about once a week or once every two weeks. I figure as long as I continue to eat well and exercise, I don't have anything to worry about. Honestly, I hated being a slave to the scale, but it was great for accountability.