Crispy Doritos Crusted Chicken!

Options
Sometimes I find that my food gets boring. So sometimes I like to crust chicken with doritos. No big deal.
Now, if you're anything like me, and love doritos, you'll love this chicken. I know they obviously aren't the healthiest chip out there, but if you don't let yourself ever have the things you love, you'll just be miserable!
Keep in mind, this recipe is for a single serving. I'm usually just cooking for myself, but it can easily be scaled up!

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded thin, 3 oz.
0.85 ounces of nacho cheese doritos, about 8-10 chips, crushed up.
1 egg
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Take chicken breast, and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Coat breast in beaten egg. (NOTE: You won't nearly use all the egg. You can substitute this with about a tbsp of egg beaters to avoid wasting it)
4. Place chicken in crushed up doritos, pressing down to insure as many as possible stick to both sides.
5. On a foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray, place the chicken. Spray the top with a bit more spray!
6. Place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes on the other side, until internal temp reaches 185 F.
7. Enjoy!

Now, as you can see in the picture, I had this with some rice and carrots. But you could just as easily slap it between some bread with a little bit of mayo, lettuce, etc. Sounds better than any fast food I've ever had!
This chicken was the perfect treat for my doritos obsession, and it was wonderfully crunchy! The flavor mellowed out a bit in the oven, so if you're worried about super orange glow nacho flavor, don't be! It's subtle and fabulous. Hope you try it!

Nutritional Info:
Serving size: 1 piece. Calories: 220 Fat: 9 g Protein: 20 g Carbs: 14 g Fiber: 1 g Sodium: 345 mg.

1412745d.jpg

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That actually looks really good. Not a fan of Doritos, but i love Chili Cheese Fritos... I might try it with those.
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    That actually looks really good. Not a fan of Doritos, but i love Chili Cheese Fritos... I might try it with those.

Thanks! And yes it would definitely work with chili cheese fritos too! Sounds yummy
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    that looks so yummy ,im going to do this next week with sweet potato fries and broccoli and just a little splodge of garlic mayo :)...hungry now lol x
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OMG that looks so yummy!
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    My Aunt made this when I was a kid with Cooler Ranch and it wasn't good at all. Maybe Nacho will be better? You've inspired me to try it! :)
  • JayTee146
    JayTee146 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    YUMMY BUMP!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Gentlejazz2012
    Options
    YUM!!
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    yummy! thanks!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks delish!! Will definitely be trying it.
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Bump :love: Looks GREAT!!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Could probably sub in Baked Doritos as well.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    ooooo you are my hero!!!! lol love love love doritos....this is a great way to get that fix without eating the whole bag!!! :)
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    yum! thanks!!!
  • gregmiddag
    gregmiddag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    brilliant! i am trying that
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    OMG! Dorito crusted chicken! soooo making this.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump - yummo! Maybe I can get my daughter back on the chicken bandwagon with this one!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    mmmm---Do-ri-tos!!! :drinker:
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This looks good! Thanks for sharing! My hubby would like this!!! :happy: