am I doing it wrong?

Options
okay so I dont know if this will make sence but I was just looking at my weekly figures and it works out as below

Required Cals to maintain - 13000
Eatten per week - 11550
Exercise - 4875
Net cals - 6675

Required Cals to maintain - 1900
Eatten per day - 1650
Exercise - 696ave
Net cals - 953

Should I be eatting my exercise cals back? Im not really losing anything, I weigh all my food track everything that goes in my mouth use a HRM for my exercise.

Im not overly hungry but Im never really full either. I could always eat a bit more but dont to stay under my 1650. I have to eat every two - three hours for medical reasons so I need to keep my meals low cal.

any tips?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Say more about the HRM - is it set up for your personal fitness level ? Do you deduct the 1.3 calories a minute that you would be using even if not exercising ?

If you're maintenance is really 1900 and you're adding a few hundred of exercise on top to say 2200 or 2300 then eating 1650 should give you an ample deficit. 1850 would be about 20% deficit which some prefer. Creating large deficits with exercise is often counter-productive, what happened when you had the week off gym ?

What's the medical issue that requires frequent eating ? might it also suggest different macro composition.