Work Night Shift???

Options
Any one on here work nights?? I do I work 12hour shift 7p-7a about 3 to 4 times a week and it is so hard to keep up a diet and excersie. Anyone have any helpful tips because I feel like I'm getting no where. PLEASE Help

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Any one on here work nights?? I do I work 12hour shift 7p-7a about 3 to 4 times a week and it is so hard to keep up a diet and excersie. Anyone have any helpful tips because I feel like I'm getting no where. PLEASE Help
    I have been working nights for the last two years. What do you find so hard?
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I work nights 11pm to 7am and yes it can be hard because when you work at night you tend to sleep during the day so with that said sometimes im unable to get my workouts in during the day but what ive started doing is I started the 100 push up challenge, 200 sit up challenge and the squat challenge so I do those at work and I just bought a jump rump to jump in doors at my job. Gotta get creative. Also I dont eat during my night time shift unless its like carrot sticks or just tons of water. Yes its hard but just get creative :0)
  • katiefly86
    Options
    I too work nights. I work 11am-7pm 5 nights a week. I used to find it hard. I get depressed easy and turned to food for comfort. But, since I've been on here I know that all my MFP friends will see what I'm eating. Therefore I'm eating more responsibly. I eat before I come to work, and bring a healthy snack with me to work, and drink lots of water.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

I work the same shift 3-4 day per week. On worknights, I work out when I get home in the morning...otherwise I workout at night. I pack 2 meals to take to work each night and stay away from the machines and the cafeteria. What helps is I grill or bake several days worth of meat at a time. I always have a big tub of salad greens in the fridge, and fruit on hand. It's easy to fill two tupperware containers with salad greens and dressing, and throw a chunk of meat on top. Sometimes I'll throw some carrots or broccoli in there. It takes no time at all to pack for work. I take two fruits also. This gives me two meals and two snacks. I also keep a few protein bars in my desk in case it gets really busy. I do intermittent fasting (16/8), and my eating window on work nights is 12a-8a which allows me a post workout shake. On my off days, I adjust my eating window and take my last meal right before I go to bed. I sleep like a baby with a full belly.
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I currently work 3am-9am 5 days a week and it's a physically demanding job. I could easily just lay around and be lazy the rest of the day after work, but I still manage to workout and cook my meals. If you really want to get in shape, you'd also find the same discipline and stop making excuses.