Protein Bars?

so, in an attempt to get more protein in my diet I'm am turning towards meal replacement/ protein bars. 1) because im not big on meat. 2) because they are a quick and easy supper while I'm working.
What you fav brand/ flavor and why? does it full you up? does it taste decent? other perks??
Thanks! :)

Replies

• I love the special K Kellogg's dark chocolate peanut butter bar, it taste awesome. Much better than a shake (yuck). Its 180 cal, around 19g protein, and it does keep me full.
  • emlou13
    emlou13 Posts: 10 Member
    Oh my word.... where do you get Special K dark chocolate peanut butter bar from?! I have never seen them and they have my name all over them!
  • PHD Whey Protein is the best for women (won't bulk). I have the chocolate orange version which is tasty. I tend to have 2 scoops for breakfast if I'm replacing my porridge OR I have 1 scoop at about 3pm to curb the sugar cravings or energy slump before going for a workout (the green tea helps boost my performance) http://www.sportfood.co.uk/phd-diet-whey-1kg.html
  • Oh my word.... where do you get Special K dark chocolate peanut butter bar from?! I have never seen them and they have my name all over them!
    I found them at walmart and VERY few gas stations. They are so good!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Something you may want to check out is the level of sugar in the protein bars. A lot of them are basically candy with protein. You might be better off with a protein shake. Or some hard boiled eggs, which don't really require attention to prepare and have no sugar.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Pure protein bars. They taste good, are filling, and low in sugar and carbs. I can usually find them on sale for a buck.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Oh my word.... where do you get Special K dark chocolate peanut butter bar from?! I have never seen them and they have my name all over them!
    I found them at walmart and VERY few gas stations. They are so good!

oh how I :heart: the internet - available in the UK too (phew)
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    I actually like the PX90 protein bars, very good! they are sweet and the fudge is my favorite with a nice cup of tea or coffee in the morning! I get mine from Beachbody directly. They are about 260 calories so a full meal and they have about 4 different flavors - the peanut butter fudge is a good one too! and a tropical strawberry. its about 20.00 for a case but that is 12 meals in a box. Also if there are ways to get discounts - I get mine for 15 .. you can go here www(dot)myshakeology(dot)com/pandabunny if you are interested and would like to check the prices. they also have other meal replacement options too.
    I have been doing it for 4 months and Really like them as well as the shakes they offer.

Hope that helps, Also i like the fiber one options available at the local grocery - those are really good, they just dont fill me up as much, Good luck!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Blech. I have tried a lot of protein bars on the shelves and most of them have way too much sugar. Even the ones that use artificial sweeteners are far too sweet. I designed my own at http://www.youbars.com . I decided I wanted them less sweet, exactly what kind of protein, flavors, etc. Best I've ever had and I still don't want the ones on the shelves.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    I have Nogii there gluten free that's all i can have ther by Elisabeth Hasselbeck,and they are very good i love them.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I was just about to post this topic, but specifically about protein shakes! On the note where someone said many of these are pure sugar, what are good protein supplements without tons of sugar (or sodium)?