Overweight in Wisconsin!!!

Options
Hello all. My name is Treasure. I am just coming to terms with, after years of denial, the fact that I am not only overwieght. I am obese. And if I dont do something RIGHT NOW, in easily 3 years I will be bed ridden or dead. So its a choise. Do I want to live? The answer is yes. So here I am, need all the support I can get. I am excited and ready. It wont be easy but it will be worth it! I have a long way to go... anyone else looking at loosing a significant amount of weight?

Replies

• tschaedel79
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Treasure. I am just coming to terms with, after years of denial, the fact that I am not only overwieght. I am obese. And if I dont do something RIGHT NOW, in easily 3 years I will be bed ridden or dead. So its a choise. Do I want to live? The answer is yes. So here I am, need all the support I can get. I am excited and ready. It wont be easy but it will be worth it! I have a long way to go... anyone else looking at loosing a significant amount of weight?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Well hello and welcome! It's nice to have you here. This site offers much support and guidance. You will begin to see how easy it really is.:flowerforyou:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You've taken a step in the right direction - we're happy to have you here!
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite! :flowerforyou: You'll love this site!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    hello and welcome!!! All the luck to you... We are here if you need us:happy:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you one your new lifestyle change:flowerforyou:
    Lots of support here.
  • destilynne
    Options
    Hey there Treasure,

Hello my name is Desti. I have find this website since January and I found this website really helpful in many, many ways. I have been using this webiste to help me lose weight, the food and exercise programs are great. No guessing or wandering.. I have been an overweight person off and on since I was 16 years old. Now at 43 I have decided to really do sometihng about it. So I have been using this webiste to chart my progress with food calorie counting and exercise scheduling. I have lost 18 pounds since january 2rd and today is feb. 28th. Weight lose is hard, but NOT impossible. The way I look at it......ot's not a diet......it's a lifestyle change.....talk soon.....:smile::heart:

Desti
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here...we all have to start somewhere and you seem determined!!! That's terrific, I wish you the best of success with your journey!
  • KCole
    KCole Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello Treasure!
    Welcome to the site. You can do this, even if it is too cold and there is too much snow to get outside yet!:huh: From a fellow Wisconsinite
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hello Treasure!! Welcome! I understand where you are - 10 years ago I weighted almost 300 lbs. I have slowly over the last decade lost weight and gained a little due to medical conditions, lost some, etc. Started this year at 230 and have lost 10 lbs so far. This is a great site, I just found it the middle of this month. Lots of info and support. We're here for you - Congratulations on taking the first important step!
  • kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    You go girl! You're going to be one healthy fox! Yes. That was lame. You are a brave girl owning up to the fact that you are perhaps more then overweight and a smart one for taking responsibility about your health. ^_^
  • tschaedel79
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the support and encouragment. Amazing. I thought I would have to do this all on my own! Good to know I am not alone! Thank you all again and I look forward to getting to know you guys and supporting you as well!