Subway - which sandwich is best?

Options
Which is the best subway sandwich, calorie wise?

Replies

• sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Go to www.subway.com and look it up :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    6" Veggie Delite, all salad, no meat, fish or cheese, all the tedium and none of the fun, a mere 223 calories.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I love subway. it's my not-so-terrible-for-you lunch once a week but I always go for the Steak and Cheese. it's still less than 600 calories.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you want the most calories, I suggest my favourite:

Meatball Marinara
    Cheese bread
    All the veggies you want
    BBQ and Chipotle sauce.

Omg, it's SO YUMMY!

With this sandwich, you learn whether or not the maker knows how to put together a sandwich properly, because it is MESSY! Made right, it's easy to eat. Made wrong (which is usually is) it just falls apart and goes all over the place. Uncool.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    6" Veggie Delite, all salad, no meat, fish or cheese, all the tedium and none of the fun, a mere 223 calories.

This probably but booorning!!

I always get chicken on honey oat, plenty veggies & jalepenos and southwest sauce. it comes out aroung 500cals :-)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Actually not one of them as best. Take a look at http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/subways-dirty-little-high-fructose-corn-syrup-secret-1824541.html & then find where the "healthy" option is apart from going without the bread. I refuse to eat there now.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Can you not go to Pret or Eat, where they make the sandwiches fresh everyday with no preservatives or anything in them? It tastes sooo good.

I feel like americans dont get as much of a choice with healthy foods out like we do over in the UK.

Subway's got loads of sodium in and all the meat and cheese is super processed, and the calorie content is always different in the shop to what it says on the website for some reason.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When I'm going to Subway I tend to have it as a treat and just have whichever I like, make sure I've exercised in the morning, and also have a small dinner with lots of veggies to bulk it out.

:)
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Veggie delite {in NZ} has only 205 calories NOT including cheeses {if you're allowed any}.
    Turkey has 251 calories.
    Both the ham and the roast beef subs have 257 calories.
    Turkey and ham has 261 calories.
    Subway club has 266 calories.

All of those are guides that don't include cheeses and since Subway is a massive franchise I'm assuming that all sandwiches are made the same way so the calories would be pretty accurate :) I usually get the ham or chicken strip sub but my favorite has been the Italian BMT. Nothing can beat that :)
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've been getting a lot of 6" ham on wheat with cheese and mayo + any salads I want = around about 400 calories
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Can you not go to Pret or Eat, where they make the sandwiches fresh everyday with no preservatives or anything in them? It tastes sooo good.

I feel like americans dont get as much of a choice with healthy foods out like we do over in the UK.

Subway's got loads of sodium in and all the meat and cheese is super processed, and the calorie content is always different in the shop to what it says on the website for some reason.

Pret sandwiches have a lot higher sodium count than all of the subway low fat range. The kids cheese sandwich in pret has >50% of the daily recommended sodium for a child. If sodium is a concern then bread is not an ideal food-stuff
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options

Pret sandwiches have a lot higher sodium count than all of the subway low fat range. The kids cheese sandwich in pret has >50% of the daily recommended sodium for a child. If sodium is a concern then bread is not an ideal food-stuff

Ahh i wasn't aware of that.. Pret just feels a lot less processed and the food is a better quality anyway so I am more than happy to eat there over Subway. Its cleaner.
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Ahh i wasn't aware of that.. Pret just feels a lot less processed and the food is a better quality anyway so I am more than happy to eat there over Subway. Its cleaner.

I know what you mean, I like Eat as a chain for the same reasons. Getting "healthy" food on the go is hard, maybe I should set up a new business.....
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always go online and check. Then i write it all down and go to the store with the list.... LOL. Yesterday I had turkey & bacon with lots of veggies and a touch of honey mustard .. Sooooo Yummy..
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    There's a very tight quota on High Fructose Corn Syrup in Europe - it's not an outright ban but it's close. I don't know if Subway uses it in Ireland.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If you go onto the Subway website you can create your own sandwich and see the calories and nutritional data. I do that if I'm going to see where my sandwich will end up. Usually I get the wheat roll (6"), turkey, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and regular mustard. Tasty and not too bad on the calories.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    6" oven roasted chicken on wheat with lettuce and extra EXTRA black olives. Nothing else. :love:
  • knw32183
    knw32183 Posts: 47
    Options
    I actually work at Subway so I eat there almost every day. I started scraping the inside of the bread out after cutting it open. I get more of the flavor of the meat and veggies that way instead of feeling like I'm just eating a loaf of bread:) It also cuts the amount of bread almost in half. If you use the "calculator yours" tool on their website, most of the calories in the sandwich are in the bread. Plus, I hate a dry sandwich, so if I'm cutting the bread down a bit, I don't feel as guilty about the extra line of light mayo! On the other hand it's easier for me to make sure there's not too much of anything because I'm making my own sandwich...
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    6" oven roasted chicken on wheat with lettuce and extra EXTRA black olives. Nothing else. :love:

Add tomatoes, onions, extra lettuce and mustard - great sandwich with a lot of protein!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend the tuna if you're watching calories. I would recommend the tuna if you are me and want a Subway tuna sub right now... Which I do.