Introducing myself

Options
Well, My name is Sherry..and my sister told me about this website..

In 2001, I weighed a total of 413 pounds. I was so depressed. I had a slight heart attack that year also. Well to make a long story short, I now weigh 220 pounds..But need to lose 60 more pounds, so Im really hoping this will help me lose that last nasty 60 pounds, I go to the gym 4 days a week and hit the Elliptical Machine for 55 mins, then the bike for 20 min..So if you have any ideas or any advice to give me, please do..:)

Sherry:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stick with this site and eat the recommended amounts. I'm also planning to lose about the same amount as you. BTW - good job on already losing so much weight! I originally lost 34 pounds, then fell off with counting calories and exercising and gained 14 of it back! :explode:

But.....I knew where to come back to. This site helped me tremendously, and actually still is. We're here for you if you need us! :flowerforyou:

Katie
  • resolutionrun
    resolutionrun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry,
    I don't know that I have any advice, even though I've dieted and worked out since my first trip to Weight Watchers at the age of 17(over 30 years ago) to lose the 20 or 30 extra pounds that I always seem to carry (on and off..)...but I do want to say Congratulations!!! Anyone that has lost close to 200 pounds is the one we should be taking advice and encouragement from. Just your short note is an inspiration to me to get this 20 pounds off (once again!!!). I think for me...the plan is to focus on healthy eating and activity and let the weight take care of itself. I find that when I keep looking at the scale it gets depressing when I don't achieve the results I may be expecting...but with my focus on healthy eating and exercise I feel good about just planning a good meal plan for the day and having a great work out at the gym. Good luck...and thanks for being an inspiration to me!
    Karen
  • SherryBaby66
    Options
    Awwww ty all <3

301699.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • freedomdancer
    Options
    Sherry - welcome:flowerforyou: nice to have you here; you went from 413 to 220? you go, girl - that is an awesome accomplishment - kudos to you, big time. Stick with whatever you are doing and the rest will come off, as you know. We just all help each other get over the bumps - mail me anytime

nancy :glasses:
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hi sherry, welcome to mfp :)