Bathroom trouble (feeling) when jogging/walking

Options
2»

Replies

• love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for the bathroom thing you're lucky it's only a feeling. After half an hour I always need to actually go, and urgently! I've worked out routes that loop back to home after the first half hour, or bypass public toilets in the local park :blushing:

Same here. Things that have helped me are holding off on breakfast until after my run and drinking a glass of water or tea before I take off. If I can take care of the #2 business before I leave the house, even better. If I have chest pain, it's heartburn. As a prevention measure, I chew a couple of Tums before I run. As you experiment and find what works for you, running will become enjoyable. :flowerforyou:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my first 5K. I just started the C25K program on my iphone. I know the date of the 5K is only two weeks away but I wanted to stay motivated and have a goal. I am very heavy and was wondering if I run a 5K is it ok to walk and jog? Will other runners be looking at me cause I am so big? My goal is to run the Rock and Roll 5K in New Orleans this Feburary. Any advice to get me semi running by Sept LOL
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my first 5K. I just started the C25K program on my iphone. I know the date of the 5K is only two weeks away but I wanted to stay motivated and have a goal. I am very heavy and was wondering if I run a 5K is it ok to walk and jog? Will other runners be looking at me cause I am so big? My goal is to run the Rock and Roll 5K in New Orleans this Feburary. Any advice to get me semi running by Sept LOL
    You can do this! Here's some inspiration:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711234-300-lbs-and-ran-my-2nd-5k-i-feel-like-a-superhero-w-pics

The best way to find out if other people will be slow or walking is to check the results from last year. If it is a mass-participation charity race, like the UK's Race For Life, thousands of people will be there taking up to an hour or more doing their own combination of running and walking.

Certainly no-one will be looking at you, they'll be too wrapped up in their own race, and if hey do it will be out of admiration for taking part.
  • reederx5
    reederx5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I say do it! I have walked the mini marathon twice in Louisville Ky. The main thing that I do is let the runners start out first and then join in near the back with the walkers. I jog a little (just a few steps and then I'm dying) and then walk. The adrenaline rush is like none other seeing and participating with thousands of other people. I never thought I could walk 13+ miles in one setting. Plan on doing it again this year! Hang in there.
    :flowerforyou: