frustrated and depressed

Options
:( Glad to see some people are getting results. I'll keep living vicariously through you. I'm tired of the fight. Eat more. Eat less. Starvation mode exists. It's a myth. Never know what to believe and my body seems to not want to respond to ANYTHING. (Sorry for the whining. I know my very supportive dh is prob. tired of hearing it :/

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I am sorry :( Maybe you should think about taking to a nutritionist? or even just your regular doctor. Or a personal trainer. They will most likely be able to give you much, much more intelligent and helpful information than any of the MFPers. It is all very confusing because everyone has their beliefs. I was consult a professional.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am sorry :( Maybe you should think about taking to a nutritionist? or even just your regular doctor. Or a personal trainer. They will most likely be able to give you much, much more intelligent and helpful information than any of the MFPers. It is all very confusing because everyone has their beliefs. I was consult a professional.
    Thanks. I've been trying to find one that will take insurance but haven't had any luck :/
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've been trying to find one that will take insurance but haven't had any luck :/
    Have you contacted your insurance provider? If you call, they should be able to provide you with a list of in-network dieticians, doctors, or whatever else you might be looking for. I know if you have Aetna, you can look it up on their site, but not sure how other carriers operate.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on the weight you have lost so far.
    Losing weight is pretty much eating less than you expend. When I stall. I look at this equation and ask am I eating more than I think or burning less than I think.
    Are you measuring your food? Using a food scale? Being honest with yourself when you log?
    Are you using an HRM when you exercise to ensure that the calories you eat back are what you earned? Are you increasing your activity level? Are you adding variety to your exercise routine (because the body gets used to a routine that is repeated all the time), so mix it up.
    I hope you will take a close look at both input and expenditure of calories. Good luck.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to read you're frustration. I hope that you find some solace in these responses and some helpful tips.
    I'd say to remember, your body will keep an accurate count of the calories you are taking in. Be sure to log correctly. I would also recommend a heartrate monitor to see exactly what you are burning. I have found that MFP over estimates for me what I would burn. Mix up your calories and your workouts. Muscle confusion helps burning calories.
    Feel free to message me if you'd like to have another support person.