Black bean ideas?

Options

Replies

• skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know weight watchers suppose to have a really good brownie recipie for them, you could google it...
  • effycheffy
    effycheffy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mash 1 cup black beans with a fork, not TOO mushy.
    Mix with hands into 1/2 lb. ground turkey.

You can also add diced onion, garlic, hot sauce...

Then grill as burger patties on the Foreman grill.
    Mmmm!!

Delicious, full of fiber AND lower in fat.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ok, this black bean salad is super easy and makes enough for a couple of days, all you need is:

black beans (canned or fresh, about 1 can worth)
    garbanzo beans (canned or freshed, 1 can, you do not have to, but I like to take the shell off them by just rubbing them under cool water)
    1 can kernel corn
    feta cheese to taste (I usually add about half a pack, but you can add more or less)
    4 celery stocks chopped fine
    chopped red onions (about half a cup)
    1 package grape tomatoes ( make sure to de-seed them or the salad will get soggy)
    3 or 4 squirts or lime juice
    1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can admit if you want)
    cilantro to taste (I use the kind that you get from the tube at publix, just cause it mixes well)

mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you like the flavor (its not super exact) chill over night, then stir and serve! This makes about 4-6 servings.

I'm putting this on my 'to-make' list!! Thanks! :)
  • roguestates
    Options
    these are all brilliant! bump
  • kw19427
    kw19427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I wind up making refried black beans:

i start off by simmering 2 cans of drained & rinsed black beans in maybe a cup of salsa over medium heat in a big frying pan....

then i add 2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers....

simmer the crap out of that, adding maybe a tablespoon or two of water-- if it looks like it could use more moisture

* by simmer the crap out of, I mean for just shy of 10 min so the beans soften up

then I let it sit & cool for another 10-15min

dump the whole mess in a food processor until it's at a texture I like
    (take your pick)
    :)

throw that in a whole wheat tortilla & instant burritos!
    (feels like junk food, but it's not SO bad!)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I have a can of black beans in the cupboard. Please give me some yummy ideas!

Do they have seasoning in them already or are they plain with just water/salt? If they're plain you can make black bean brownies....NOM NOM

If they're seasoned, I warm them up and then add a little salsa and cumin. Serve over mexican brown rice.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/black-bean-brownies/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=black bean brownies&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

These are gluten free and lactose free.

They taste AMAZING and have such a creamy mousse texture. Excellent hot with low fat ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt. no cake mix involved.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It may sound odd, but black bean brownies are delicious and really popular! Just google it and you'll find tons of recipes! I made some the other day and my family have already eaten them all...they fool anyone, you'd never guess the 'secret ingredient' in place of wheat :laugh: They look like real cake, and taste like it too!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just made skinnytaste.com 's southwestern salad.

It is really good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/06/southwestern-black-bean-salad.html

southwestern-black-bean-salad.jpg
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    black beans mixed with a can of white hominy and a can of rotel....so yummy

also, you can drain/rinse the beans...mixed with a little salsa...smash and warm serve on a tortilla...so good
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Black bean enchiladas are delicious.

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2011/03/01/vegetarian-black-bean-enchiladas-2/

I swapped out the brown rice for corn, used corn instead of flour tortillas, and went easy on the cheese to lighten it up a bit.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kygalinnc
    Options
    Extremely simple ~ but yummy ! Add a can of the Mexican Lime flavor Rotel to the can of black beans ...... have also done just Rotel when out of Mexcian Rotel.
  • katweeks63
    Options
    Try this recipe, or any on this site: http://400caloriesorless.com/?p=705&print=1
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    MMM black bean and corn dip. I use this recipe on lettuce to make a salad, in lettuce cups, with crackers/pitas, etc. So good.

Black beans (rinsed), corn nibblets, chopped jalepeno's, chopped tomato, chopped red onion, chopped spinach, and bell peppers if you feel inclined. Mix them with greek yogurt, lime juice, chili powder, garlic and onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss together, let sit and marinade at least an hour. Goes great with chicken, pork, shrimp. On lettuce, in a wrap, whatever! Add avocado with individual servings if you want as well. Adds some creamy. :)
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    These ALL sound awesome!