Life long dream

Options
c2h5m8h6
c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
Im 26 witha georgous 2 year old girl and a lovely partner of 4 1/2 years we currently live in Alfreton Derbyshire but our dream (mainly my dream lol ) is to move to the sea I would up sticks and go now but i cant bring myself to do that to my little girl if all goes wrong so weve decided we need to be stable money wise which is going to be in a few year when our little one is in primary school. would it be mean tomove her away from all her new fiends and family? were doing it so we can have a better life im just not sure if it the right thing to do? should i putmy feelings and dreams on hold till shes out of school or do you think we should just go for it? HELP :(

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    She's two. She won't remember any of the move anyways.

Go for it.
    -wtk
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Just go for it.

We did it last year, with a 4 year old and 1 year old. We moved 700 miles away from our home to live at the ocean... why? Because we love it here and life is short. The first year was hard with getting situated with a new income, me adjusting from being a working mother to a stay at home mother, etc. It's not THAT hard to move away from your family. Our friends have become our family, I still talk to my family just about every day and we see each other 2-3 times per year which is fine. Life is too short to not do what you want to do. I'm a huge supporter of adventure and new beginings. My next move is going to be to the west coast, I want to see what it's all about over there.

That being said, I would not move without at least one of you having a secure job unless you have a years income in savings. You can get wild but you need to do it in the safe way.
  • fatima147
    Options
    She's two. She won't remember any of the move anyways.

Go for it.
    -wtk

this ^ :)
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I say go for it.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You'll find, as she gets older, that she will pick up when mom and dad aren't happy or satisfied. If you have a chance to do something that's a dream and could better your lives - jump. She's do little she won't have issues adjusting. And if you're truly happier - she will be too.
  • tri10806
    tri10806 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Do it! I've wanted to live in a coastal town my whole life and still haven't. I regret not doing it after college. My kids want me to and would love it as well, especially since their mom and I divorced a few years ago. They're both in high school now, so I'm waiting 4 more years.
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks all of you think its time to start megga saving and go for it :D just need to start selling some of my stock and look into jobs over there to fund us moving :D thanks again all of you xx