Willpower and Grace classes

Options
Hi,
Has anyone ever tried Willpower and Grace classes at your gym? I was wondering about your thoughts on the class. And does anyone know how many calories can be burned in these classes?

Thanks

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before.
  • jlgrinstead
    jlgrinstead Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    From the 24 Hour Fitness website, they claim 250-400 calories.
  • indigocaz
    indigocaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my first class tonight... :)
  • indigocaz
    indigocaz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I went to the class...I loved it...Definitely worked hard...I have no idea how many calories I burned, but I'm ok with that for now...I know that I worked - and I worked hard...And that's what ultimately counts...

Don't know how one would figure out exactly how many calories were burned...
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just did this class for the first time tonight. Very challenging, and fun. I'm figuring calorie burn to be about 300 for the hour long class, which is the rate for pilates. The way you'd find out actual calories burned is to use a body bug or heart rate monitor.
  • caroledwine
    Options
    I do this at equinox, and I don't know how many calories are burned (that's what I was searching too). I can, however, say that it is a very challenging and at least mildy entertaining class. I know that I sweat a ton and am sore for the next two days afterward, so I'd guess that it burns at least 600/700 calories. I burn that much on th arc trainer in an hour and this is much harder...

hope this is somewhat helpful.
  • HI4evafit
    HI4evafit Posts: 1
    Options
    It all depends how hard you work...the class is designed for different fitness levels as well as for different motivation levels. If you do level 1, you'll burn less calories than level 4.

Also, you'll burn more calories if you perform the steps faster, with higher intensity and precision, more vigorously, etc. And you need to take you weight/age into consideration.

I think 250-400 calories is a very reasonable range (250 for level 1, low intensity and up to 500 for level 4, high intensity). You should be your own judge of how much your heart rate goes up and stays up.

But I second indigocaz: "...no idea how many calories I burned, but I'm ok with that for now...I know that I worked - and I worked hard". Plus, the Willpower and Grace" class gives you an amazing muscle tone! Who cares how much energy you burned - you put it into building long lean muscle!
  • OCT56
    OCT56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am going to do it today
  • ekwins
    ekwins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Found this on www.realbeauty.com... You can burn anywhere between 200 and 700 calories in one class, but that's based solely upon the amount of effort dedicated to each and every exercise

Read more: Willpower and Grace - WillPower Method Class Review - Real Beauty http://www.realbeauty.com/health/fitness/willpower-and-grace
  • Charmaine86
    Options
    I love the class and highly recommend it. It works on multiple muscle groups and cardio all at the same time. It also does balance and barefoot training, which I find useful. My trouble area is my lower half and I definitely feel that my jeans are looser after I go to this class consistently. I usually log this at 300 calories just as a guesstimate.
  • taragensler
    Options
    According to my instructor, she burns 900 calories in the class according to her monitor. We do it at the highest level and I leave there sweating as much as I do when running 5 miles. I still think that is a bit high?
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    According to my instructor, she burns 900 calories in the class according to her monitor. We do it at the highest level and I leave there sweating as much as I do when running 5 miles. I still think that is a bit high?

yeah sounds about right. if your instructor weighs twenty stone.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this before.

^^This