I Just Turned 50 and Need to Lose and Gain

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been on MFP now for going on two weeks. The first week, I lost 1.5lbs and was very happy. I want to continue to lose this weight and doing it five pounds at a time. In total, I need to lose at least 90-100lbs. I would really love new friends because I firmly believe a strong support system will help me achieve this goal! So, I'm looking to LOSE WEIGHT, but GAIN FRIENDS through this adventure!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • ritamar
    ritamar Posts: 16
    Options
    I just turned 50 also (yesterday) and have been on this site for a while, wanted to lose 50 lbs by my birthday but didn't - I lost 30 lbs and still logging and keeping track. I hope to lose another 20 by Christmas (if not more), and I too have a goal of about 100 lbs. Lets help each other!
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you Skinny and Rita!
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Four. There is a group on here called Menopausal Mad Hatters. Feel free to join us. :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm now 52 - I started my weight loss campaign when I hit 50 and have lost 35lb - then I hit a plateau and have been jumping between 210 and 220 lbs for most of this year! I now want to tackle the next 35lb and have decided that MFP for food plus my fitbit to track my steps will be a helpful way to be accountable. Plus friends to keep me on track - please feel free to add me as a friend - I would value the accountability and the support and encouragement from your successes! MA:smile: