Hey everyone

Kristy1978
Kristy1978 Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. My name is Kristy. I was looking for a way to count my calories and I saw how awesome this site was. I decided to give it a try. I like how it takes the thinking out of it. I am a mom of 3 and am struggling with my weight.. I have been experiencing severe chronic pain and as a result of not being able to keep with my normal activiities, I went from a nice 135 lbs to 160. Last summer I dropped 15 pounds, but somehow it found its way back on when it became too cold or snowy to keep with my daily 1.5 mile walk. I really think that was the extra push my body needed to lose the weight. I just recently found a pilates program I can use with my back issue and so now I am just trying to eat right or should I say eat. I never am one to eat much. I drink a lot of coffee, though. I found out from my doc that it is just as bad to not eat at least three healthy meals as it is to eat junk all day because the one meal I give myself every other night makes my body suck all of the fat from the meal and store it because it is unsure when it will get fed again. So, I am going to test this three to five small healthy meals a day thing and follow the calorie counter and exercise thing. It will be good to have other people going through it and to see other peoples progress because that is also a great motivator. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting and losing weght with you.
Cheers
Kristy

Replies

• Hi. My name is Kristy. I was looking for a way to count my calories and I saw how awesome this site was. I decided to give it a try. I like how it takes the thinking out of it. I am a mom of 3 and am struggling with my weight.. I have been experiencing severe chronic pain and as a result of not being able to keep with my normal activiities, I went from a nice 135 lbs to 160. Last summer I dropped 15 pounds, but somehow it found its way back on when it became too cold or snowy to keep with my daily 1.5 mile walk. I really think that was the extra push my body needed to lose the weight. I just recently found a pilates program I can use with my back issue and so now I am just trying to eat right or should I say eat. I never am one to eat much. I drink a lot of coffee, though. I found out from my doc that it is just as bad to not eat at least three healthy meals as it is to eat junk all day because the one meal I give myself every other night makes my body suck all of the fat from the meal and store it because it is unsure when it will get fed again. So, I am going to test this three to five small healthy meals a day thing and follow the calorie counter and exercise thing. It will be good to have other people going through it and to see other peoples progress because that is also a great motivator. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting and losing weght with you.
    Cheers
    Kristy
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you on your journey!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Welcome.

You certainly were on a very tough regimen. Try to spread your calories across the course of the day so that your getting some small healthy items between meals in this way you should keep your metabolism working all the time and working your weight off easier when combined with your exercise program.
  • Thank you for that tip. Going from not taking the time to eat when you are busy to having to remember to eat let alone take the time to actually prepare it and do it is difficult. I would like to note I have never not eaten for any reasons like an eating disorder., it has just been a horrible habbit that I got into when working and going to school full time. I just never took care of myself the way I needed to.
This discussion has been closed.