Romano's Marcaroni Grill suggestions?

Options
My husband and I are going there for dinner tonight. I scoped out their website and wrote down a few low fat/calorie options (very few, they do not have a lot of diet friend food there)... but does anyone who has eaten there any any suggestions? I'm determined not to blow it this time

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there's really no "good" food there to eat. I'm sure you don't want to blow it, but it seems tobe setting yourself up for failure. Unless you don't eat, or have a house salad then there's really no way to avoid the after guilt!
  • JJPAL1
    JJPAL1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Best suggestion. Whatever you order, get a to go box when your food comes, divide it in half and put the other half out of sight. Another meal another day. At least you will cut your calories in half.
  • TheRealDeniseSheets
    TheRealDeniseSheets Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did GREAT! This is what I ate:

I shared an appetizer with hubby (he always wants one so I planned ahead for this). We had the Lobster Stuffed Clams and for 1/2 it was 130 calories and 10 grams of fat (I am really trying to watch the fat since I tend to eat a really high fat diet, so I look at total Calories and Fat when figuring what to eat).

I ordered the Grilled Shrimp Spiedini which came with 6 medium sized grilled shrimp, a few little grilled pieces of potato and some grilled veggies. I was NOT impressed at all- the portion was small, the veggies were mush and the shrimp were like jerkey- but if it had been done right it would have beenpretty good albiet small. Total: 380 cal and 9 grams of fat.

I ordered the mixed greens salad that come with a very light vinegrette dressing- 110 cals, 8 fat

I skipped the bread and had the equiv of two glasses of white wine (I filled my glass way up with their house white).

Total 814 cal and 19 grams of fat. Had I skipped the wine it would have been 590 calories- pretty impressive! I did plan for the wine and still came out under my daily calories (I love wine and definitely wanted to be able to enjoy some last night).
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Great Control! Good Job planning ahead and sticking to it.