how many points?

Options
i was just wondering if anybody knows how many point approx. would a girl eat if she were 155 pounds and going by the weight watchers program....anybody know? ....i have the book but but can't afford to join right now just to find out how many points i should eat?

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Points? This here's calorie country ma'am. :-)
  • sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i realize that....lol.....but i bet theres alot of people who would have tried it and know......
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    It's based off your age, activity and weight.
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I used to be a weight watchers queen haha but its about 21 pounts and then im pretty sure you get 35 extra points for the week :smile:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    sweetgl is correct. It's either 20 or 21 points.
  • lgfeilmeier
    Options
    I agree with sweetgl. No matter your activity level you should not go below 21 points a day (otherwise your body will go into starvation mode) and you get 35 extra points a week to allocate where ever needed. About 182 points a week. When I was doing it I was allowed 24 points a day.

Honestly though, I think calorie counting works better. I've lost more weight from just doing MFP and it didn't cost me anything and I didn't need to figure points out.

Good Luck!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find the link for you now...there's a site that lets you figure out how many points you need.

I've lost 50 pounds on WW. In about May I started here and quit following the WW plan, and ate all of my exercise calories. I stayed the exact same all summer. Once I started back on WW, and didn't eat my activity points, the weight started coming back off. So you can use this site and count calories and do the WW plan and be successful at it.

Edited to add:

Here's the formula...

Your sex:
    If you are female- score 2 points
    If you are male- score 8
    If you are nursing- score 12

Your age:
    17 to 26- score 4
    27 to 37- score 3
    38 to 47- score 2
    48 to 58- score 1
    Over 58- score 0

Your current weight:
    Enter the first 2 digits of your weight in pounds. If you are 175 lbs for example, you would enter "17".

Your height:
    under 5'1"- score 0
    5'1" to 5'10"- score 1
    Over 5'10"- score 2

Your activity level on most days of the week, how do you spend your day?:
    sitting down- score 0
    occassionally sitting, but mostly standing- score 2
    walking most of the time- score 4
    doing physically hard work most of the time- score 6

Add up all your scored points- that is your daily points target.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou: