cheat meal advice

Options
Cindy393
Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
ok, I guess I'm due for a cheat meal. I usually stay around 1200 calories a day, but the scale isn't budging.

Would I kill my carbs if I had a pint of house fried rice? Really need some advice......

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Why not add it to your diary and see?

One meal isn't going to sabotage everything anyway. Enjoy. :drinker:
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, one meal a week. I still lose, and I actually think it helped my plateau. Not only that, it keeps me sane. That said, last weeks meal was whole wheat pasta, homemade sauce, one slice of garlic bread, 1 homemade chocolate chip cookie with 1 cup of vanilla ice cream & some hershey's chocolate sauce. This week we will do homemade pizza with whole wheat crust. Homemade brownie sundae's...ok, now I'm hungry...
  • Cindy393
    Options
    I did try that-there are so many variations it's too hard to tell!

Maybe I'd be better off with a happy meal lol
  • poppyloganriley
    poppyloganriley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Why not add it to your diary and see?

One meal isn't going to sabotage everything anyway. Enjoy. :drinker:

Yes, it won't kill you and unless you eat until you explode you shouldn't gain weight either. I often have to boost myself (about every two weeks or so) to remind the scale what it should be doing.
  • Cindy393
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, one meal a week. I still lose, and I actually think it helped my plateau. Not only that, it keeps me sane. That said, last weeks meal was whole wheat pasta, homemade sauce, one slice of garlic bread, 1 homemade chocolate chip cookie with 1 cup of vanilla ice cream & some hershey's chocolate sauce. This week we will do homemade pizza with whole wheat crust. Homemade brownie sundae's...ok, now I'm hungry...

oh geez, now I"M hungry too! Guess I'll get that rice after all!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    please, don't ruin your "cheat meal".
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I do a couple cheat meals a week and it as never hurt my weight loss.... Your one meal is not going to make or break you, I say give it a try and see..... Best of Luck
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet if you bumped up your daily calorie goal to say...1400... the scale would budge again.

Just my two cents.

So yes, eat the rice.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    These are also known as "spike meals" and I do not know the science behind them, but many swear by them, saying it helps kick up their metabolisms. I'm helping myself to a "spike meal" tonight at an Italian restaurant with bruschetta, house salad, either chicken or veal, and some kind of Italian dessert. Oh, and a glass of wine, too. :)

Enjoy that fried rice!!!
  • nrbromert
    nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. For me its all about making life changes not DIETING. If I cont allow myself days to eat what I really want then its not going to work. The reality is before I would have those "cheat meals" and just consider them my normal meals. The thinking has already been changed to the idea that its not the way I want to eat or live anymore so I am cognizant of what I am putting in my body. So enjoy you have already made progress to stop and realize you dont want to do this everyday.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are you 'cheating' by having a nice meal?! That term really frustrates me.... It's not cheating, for most people a meal out eating yummy food is part of a healthy lifestyle... Just don't do it every day!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I would log it before and see what happens you could eat or not eat it then..
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    One meal won't hurt anything. Eat what you want. The reason it's a "cheat" or treat is because you aren't worrying about sticking to your calorie goal or meeting your macros. You're eating what you want because it's what you really want.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Eat something you've been dying to have and haven't allowed yourself.
  • GeorgiaElliot
    Options
    ok, I guess I'm due for a cheat meal. I usually stay around 1200 calories a day, but the scale isn't budging.

Would I kill my carbs if I had a pint of house fried rice? Really need some advice......

Have the fried rice. Enjoy. Move forward. Don't call it a cheat meal. Call it a Luxury meal :)
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat meals. I do believe in eating whatever I want... just as long as I hit the macros and within calorie range.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I think you're probably not seeing much budging on the scale because 1200 calories are far too few calories to feed your body's needs with.

To give you an idea, I am 5'11, started out weighing around 235 lbs and moderately active. My calorie recommendation on here was 1200 when I started. I didn't lose a single lb the first three months, not to mention that I was cranky, overtired, miserable and hating on everyone and everything who got to eat more than I did and actually enjoy life.

Fast forward to now. I'm still 5'11, weigh around 215 or so now (stopped weighing more than once a month), very active now, consuming between 2000 and 2400 calories a day. I don't deprive myself but I make damn sure the things I do put in my body are good, wholesome and meet my needs. I'm losing at a steady rate judging by inches coming off. I never feel the need to "cheat". Because it's not a diet. This is just how I live my life now.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I like to think of getting rid of my weight (losing implies that I'll find it again - HA!) as a lifestyle change. Healthier eating is wonderful, but making a lifestyle change means reality has to weigh in (<--- see what I did there - HA!) and that means eating fried rice or pizza or ice cream or ribs or _______ occasionally. Find out what the calories come to, divide by three, and burn the extra amount of calories the day before, the day of, and the day after. You're not cheating, you're living that way!
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    It's cheat day yes? Have what ever you want.. I pig out on my cheat day and don't gain any lbs. I keep losing, go for it have fun. Enjoy your day..
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have a cheat meal, at least make it something worthwhile, not a godd*** happy meal