Week Of Meals - Quick Recipes

Options
tinabell153
tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
I am looking for some quick meal recipes. Right now I just heat up frozen foods or boil some pasta with ground turkey. Any recipes that take 30 mins or less would be fantastic. I'm also on a budget, so not looking to buy a ton of ingredients for one dish. Mainly dinner meals but also breakfast and lunch too.

Preferably high protein and kind of low in carb.

I love anything but seafood because it makes me sick. So no shrimp, fish, crab, etc.

Replies

• audreygonzy
    Options
    BUMP!
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite meals, though I can't eat the gnocchi any more, except once in a blue moon:

Cube a chicken breast and brown the pieces in a pan. Then set the chicken aside. Do not wipe out the pan or anything! Then put a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and use it to scrape up the "brown bits." Throw in a very generous handful of cherry tomatoes, and let those cook until they pop and peel, stirring every so often once the popping starts. Add two tablespoons of hummus (I prefer roasted garlic for this) and a little water, stir into a sauce. Add the chicken again to re-heat.

It takes maybe ten-twelve minutes, and it's delicious. You can add spinach to the sauce at the same time you put the chicken back in, or have green beans, broccoli, or a salad on the side. Serve over gnocchi (way better for this than pasta).
  • brittaneybasak
    Options
    I do a lot of crock pot recipes:

Chicken breast and 1 cup of bbq sauce
    If you want you can add pineapple too

Chicken breast and salsa in the crock pot
    great for tacos or rice bowls

Chicken breast, ranch packet and hot sauce in the crock pot

low for 6-8 hrs and voila it is done when you get home :)

Also we do breakfast sometimes like whole wheat pancakes and omelets
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Do you have a slow cooker? That always helps me. Here's my ideal week:

Sunday: Slow cook a pot roast (if you don't have one, do it on the stove.) Cook it with large chunks of carrot and celery and your choice of spices.
    Serve with salad.

Monday: Slow cook or bake about eight chicken breasts. If slow cooker, cook in a mix of chicken broth and italian dressing. Serve half over a bed of lettuce. One the side- steamed peas and sauteed carrots.

Tuesday: Take your left over pot roast and make pot roast wraps, adding fresh sliced bell peppers and other fresh veggies to them. Use your favorite dressing sparingly. Fresh corn on the side.

Wednesday: Use some of your leftover chicken and make chicken fried rice. Cook whole grain rice on it's own first. Next, get your favorite asian sauce (I use a homemade low-sugar teriayaki). Get your left over peas and carrots for this, too. Throw the cooked rice, chicken and veggies into a skillet with 2 Tbsp of sauce until mixed together. Push to the side, add 2 eggs and scramble them in the empty space. Mix it all together.

Thursday: Mix it up. Turkey meatloaf from Skinnytaste.com. If you want low carb, process some cauliflower to replace the 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs in the recipe. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/turkey-meatloaf-45.html

Friday: Leftovers. Throw it all out on the table and have at it.

HTH

ETA: Sundays might take awhile, but it's mostly just a watch and wait game, not even that much watching. Slow cookers take the work out of that sort of thing. During the week these meals take almost no time to heat up and go. I'm a 15 minute dinner kind of gal myself.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    bump
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    B
    U
    M
    P
    :smile:
  • slhodge78
    Options
    This website looks interesting.
    http://onceamonthmom.com/
    It gives instructions for making pretty cheap meals in advance so you can freeze them. If you have time on the weekends to make the meals, it really cuts down on work day cooking time. I haven't tried any of the recipes, but I think this site has potential.
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tinabell153
    Options
    Do you have a slow cooker? That always helps me. Here's my ideal week:

Sunday: Slow cook a pot roast (if you don't have one, do it on the stove.) Cook it with large chunks of carrot and celery and your choice of spices.
    Serve with salad.

Monday: Slow cook or bake about eight chicken breasts. If slow cooker, cook in a mix of chicken broth and italian dressing. Serve half over a bed of lettuce. One the side- steamed peas and sauteed carrots.

Tuesday: Take your left over pot roast and make pot roast wraps, adding fresh sliced bell peppers and other fresh veggies to them. Use your favorite dressing sparingly. Fresh corn on the side.

Wednesday: Use some of your leftover chicken and make chicken fried rice. Cook whole grain rice on it's own first. Next, get your favorite asian sauce (I use a homemade low-sugar teriayaki). Get your left over peas and carrots for this, too. Throw the cooked rice, chicken and veggies into a skillet with 2 Tbsp of sauce until mixed together. Push to the side, add 2 eggs and scramble them in the empty space. Mix it all together.

Thursday: Mix it up. Turkey meatloaf from Skinnytaste.com. If you want low carb, process some cauliflower to replace the 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs in the recipe. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/turkey-meatloaf-45.html

Friday: Leftovers. Throw it all out on the table and have at it.

HTH

ETA: Sundays might take awhile, but it's mostly just a watch and wait game, not even that much watching. Slow cookers take the work out of that sort of thing. During the week these meals take almost no time to heat up and go. I'm a 15 minute dinner kind of gal myself.

I love this! Thank you!
  • tinabell153
    Options
    This website looks interesting.
    http://onceamonthmom.com/
    It gives instructions for making pretty cheap meals in advance so you can freeze them. If you have time on the weekends to make the meals, it really cuts down on work day cooking time. I haven't tried any of the recipes, but I think this site has potential.

Ooooo that website looks promising. Thank you!
  • KathyMcAdam
    Options
    What does BUMP mean?
  • murray292
    Options
    Bump.
  • tinabell153
    Options
    What does BUMP mean?

It means that person wants it to move to the top of the forum list so people will see it.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    What does BUMP mean?
    I bumped so that I could find the thread easily again by looking in "my topics"
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump