What's the theory behind eating back exercise?

Options
I know there are a lot of opinions on this but I am still a bit confused. I am allowed 2030 calories a day but eat on average 1300-1600 a day before I exercise, if I do that day. Some days I eat a little more some days a little less. I have yet to eat the full 2030 allowed for me in a day in nearly two months. But the question is if I burn 400 calories, what is the benefit of me eating 400 more to make up that exercise. In my mind the less I eat the more I lose, without going into "starvation" mode, where ever that point is for my body.

Replies

• jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, I don't get the theory either. Most people who argue for it have used the reasoning that they get to eat more, I'm not exercising to eat more, I'm exercising the weigh less.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the theory is, too bad it hasn't been posted here before. Thousands and thousands of times. Ah well.
  • ninasky212
    Options
    I was really confused by this theory myself so I did some research and looked into the most well known weight loss program I know works, The Biggest Loser. THey do not eat back their workout calories burned and they stick to their calorie guidline which is your current weight x 7 (as they mentioned this shouldn't go under 1200) and on the show because it is so intense and fast they actually do their weight x 6. Either way I know this works so I am going to stay with that and hope to continue to see a weight loss!! :happy: