Recent hip injury

Options
So recently I went wakeboarding (which I love) and I cleared the wake, landed and then my leg kind of crumpled and felt a pain in my hip of all places. I say of all places because last year the last time I went wakeboarding I ended up tearing the miniscus in my knee.
Anyway, afterwards my hip kind of felt like I jammed it like you do with one of your fingers! It still hurts and it's been about a week and a half. The pain I feel is kind of like a popping when I move it certain ways and angles. Either the muscle or tendon is making a popping feeling as it goes over the bone I'm guessing... and when I put my knee a little wider than shoulder width apart and try to stand from a sitting position it really hurts.

Anyone have any ideas what I did? What I can do to help fix it other than icing??
Thanks and I appreciate your responses and advice ahead of time.

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends broke his hip wakeboarding last summer. He didn't realize he had broke it until the pain got to the point where he couldn't walk and he went to the Dr! Wakeboarding is so hard on your body, especially when jumping the wake or landing flips! You may need to go see a Dr to make sure you didn't hurt yourself too bad!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ugh noooo! That's the last thing I wanted to hear. I guess I better start drinking more milk!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You probably should see a physical therapist. Sounds painful :(