Small NSV - big project deadline at work

Options
deagh93
deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
This project, of course, had some issues, so I have had three 16-hour days in a row (yes, Sunday was like that too). We are wrapping up today, so close to back to normal.

On the one hand, I have not done much in the way of exercising this week. I got in a 10 minute walk at one point yesterday when I needed to step away from the computer, although I was in work clothes so it was pretty low key. But it was *something*.

But...I have stayed within my calorie limit, and made some good food choices under the circumstances. I should have taken some more 10 minute breaks to go for walks and such, not just for the exercise but for the stress relief. Next time one of these comes up (which hopefully won't be for a while) I'll keep that in mind and do better with it.

So it looks like I passed my first "stress test" with the healthier lifestyle. Go me.

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I'm totally where you are with work, and have been for the past few weeks straight, and about the only thing that's keeping me going is sticking to my exercise and diet routine. Kudos girl! And rock the eff on!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! I've been on a long-term project at work (we're approaching 2.5 years - hopefully should be done and back to a normal job by next Feb/March), and I definitely know that it's NOT easy to make good choices under stress. It's fantastic that you're recognizing what you did right, and also areas for improvement. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!