success photos/stories of lifting heavy at home

Options
As the title says I'm looking for success stories with heavy lifting at home. It could be male or female. I just want to know that its possible....I'm not talking p90x or any other beach body dvd. I'm talking strictly weights. I can't afford a gym membership so I'm looking into buying a set of weights that are interchangeable..

On to stories/photos :)

Replies

• Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump....anyone? lol.....
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    I lift heavy, but at CrossFit not at home.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I do, but only for the past month. Before that, I did machines at the gym. But I'm getting a much more thorough workout now. And the commute time can't be beat!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Lift to live! Doing weights has lots of proponents. You might want to check out the book "Cardio Free Diet" by Jim Karas. It is both a diet plan and contains instructions for doing at home weights. His basic theroy is that having long, lean muscles adds to your abiity to lose weight, be fit and be trim. He also explains why weight lifting for women does not give you bulging muscles, but rather tones and shapes.

I would strongly suggest you do some reading for the correct way to get into this. The Karas book goes into detail and makes it understandable to the novice.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will def check into it!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW) group, plenty of success stories on there for people lifting at home.

I have been for the past three months, just reached the point now though where I either need to go to a gym or replace my current bar with an olympic bar as I'm now lifting heavier than the weights I have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!