Need help...

Options
I've fallen off track and I don't now how to get back. I did so well for about 6 weeks with a 15 lbs lost to date but just can't stop eating what I want for the last to weeks. I need advice how to kick start my healthy eating again. Plus I stopped working out except my 2 days a week I go to pilates. I don't know what to do to convince my self to put down the junk and go for a walk. I'm just venting and trying to figure out a way to start over. Please help...:cry:

Replies

• cnichol
    Options
    I've fallen off track and I don't now how to get back. I did so well for about 6 weeks with a 15 lbs lost to date but just can't stop eating what I want for the last to weeks. I need advice how to kick start my healthy eating again. Plus I stopped working out except my 2 days a week I go to pilates. I don't know what to do to convince my self to put down the junk and go for a walk. I'm just venting and trying to figure out a way to start over. Please help...:cry:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I wish I had the solution for you but it sounds like your falling victim to your mind and it will take a lot of concentration and will power on your side to get it under control. Keep trying and only deal with it one meal at a time.

Possibly try to avoid buying food that you constantly are tempted by and don't have it in the house. Buy more fruit and veggies and make yourself eat those. Popcorn will help some too -- the reduced fat kind like ACT II Lite.

Good Luck we're pulling for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Tgeorge
    Options
    Oh I so know what you mean!!!!

Sometimes I try to do the wait and reward game... If I really want to snack, I tell myself to wait 30 minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes, I let myself have the treat but I throw into the garbage disposal half of the item.

I can't say I have had trouble getting to the gym. I do have a workout buddie that I know will ask me or call me if I miss a day and I just tell myself every morning- just do it. Once I am there it seems to be okay.

Good luck
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Ok so take a deep breath. You are not the only one who has had that happen. One thing that has helped me when I get into that old rut. I find my healthy cookbooks and start looking for recipes I would like to try. Now if you don't have a cookbook, there are lots of online sites that you can search.

I am sure there are many other ideas out there but it helps me. Good luck. Plan on trying new things and shop smart. Planning is very important.
  • bigjake72
    Options
    Stop beating yourself up for the mistakes or what you call "falling off". Take a minute to write down things that are important to yourself. Why is it that you want to lose the weight in the first place. Then from the next minute on do something right. Don't take an extra bite, walk away and say, "I'm worth having health, control, to be trim..." and then what ever other reasons you have. If you do it a minute at a time then an hour of thinking your next meal through you will start to feel good about the decisions you are making. You know that you can't make up for the two weeks of eating and munching....but you don't have to...you just have to keep going in the "right" direction this very minute and be proud of the decisions that you make here after.

Hope this helps. It has for me and I've lost pounds and pounds, the challenge is always keeping it off.
    It sounds like you did it for awhile, I know you can do it again right now 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!!!

Good luck!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i'm suddenly having the same problem... I just had some pizza!! I was sick last week and the doctor said I can't get back into exercise until next week! I've been bored so i just keep eating!! good bye 8 pounds i just lost....

I'm going to get back on track... it's just going to take some time
  • kmaloz
    kmaloz Posts: 12
    Options
    A diet is not supposed to be about deprivation. It is a new way of eating. I would suggest buy everything low fat, reduced fat, no fat, sugar free, low in carbs, and all that jazz. You can still eat what you want but it won't affect you in such a negative way. And if you do want something drink some water first and wait a bit. Most of the time when you believe you are hungry your body just needs some more water. However, I am not seeing eat a whole damn pizza if you want a pizza, maybe just a slice or two.
  • nicole0177
    Options
    what i do is think about something that i really want and think how important is to me to lose weight!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Melathon had a great quote that I LOVE.

"nothing tastes quite as good as thin feels". Next time I feel like falling off the wagon I am bringing that quote to mind! I feel terrible when I eat bad and I feel great when I am thin so if I really weigh the options before I put crap in my mouth, then hopefully I will make the right decision.

That being said, as I type this I am drinking a glass of wine...but I am still within my calories for the day so I am not too stressed about it. I like a good wine and every once in a while I allow myself to have some. I just make sure I have put in the exercise for the day so I don't feel quite so guilty abou it!!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have the eating problem that you have. I will try to do well but as soon as I'm already over calories I say "what the heck" and keep eating. It's really not good, especially when I go out and drink/eat pizza with my friends who are drinking twice a week (I"m a college student so it's so hard to say no ... I cut back from 4 days a week though) I don't have problems getting to the gym but with all the eating I do it doesn't help. So I am right there with you trying!! I'm trying to make little rules like no food while watching tv ... no food while doing homework or studying... etc.

Just remember you aren't alone! I'm doing the battle with you.
  • cnichol
    cnichol Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you for all the help! I started fresh Yesterday.:smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    How was today pickles? Hope you are still feeling fresh and motivated:bigsmile:

You are worth it.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    that is what my problem is also,, i was doing so well started the day after christmas lost 20 pounds and then i was at a stand still, i havent been on this site in ahile, my daughter and i went to the YMCA this evening, and i weighed my self and gaind 5 pound..(UGGGGG)
    any ideas to help me out also would be greatly appreciated i know how one feels.:cry:
  • Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    Just try to remember how good you felt when you saw how much weight you lost, the comments people made to you and just how much happier you felt in general.

I also was doing great for a while, lost some weight, then came Christmas as well as a bad cold and BAM I was off the work out wagon! I've just started up again, mostly because I just keep thinking ahead, do I really want to spend another summer feeling icky and not wanting to go out and enjoy the sun with my kids? Plus I have a lot of skinny friend who've just had babies and I'm quite jelous of how great their baby bodies look that I want to look good to!

Just try to find some motivation somewhere. Remember, if you don't get back on track, the 15 lbs will come back and so will the misery.

ALSO, on top of doing your food diary in here, write it down in a journal also. Great motivation to eat better.