Why did I only lose .8 lbs this week?

Options
My diary is open. Help. I feel like I did pretty good this week, but I only lost .8lbs. What am I doing wrong? I did have my time of the month this week, but it's been over for at least 2 days now. So, what is it?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have to poop.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It is true, I did not evacuate until after I got to work today.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It happens. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks are better than others. It will probably happen from time to time that you won't lose what you think you should, or lose at all....heck, you might even gain for a week. It happens to all of us.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I only looked at a few days but you are not really eating clean as well as you keep busting through your Fat totals daily...

Do you exercise ? If so how ?
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek & your sodium intake is really kinda high. I would make sure you have good water intake & .8 lbs in a wk really isn't bad
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try cutting back on the salt.
  • amyhoss
    Options
    I only looked at a few days but you are not really eating clean as well as you keep busting through your Fat totals daily...

I do exercise; I run 30-60 minutes 3-4 days a week. I have trouble getting enough protein without going over on fat.
  • MTBrob
    Options
    Are you actively running or just running for a short distance and walking the rest ?

Protein is the easiest part to maintain .. Lean chicken .. its low in fat and high in protein .. there are many protein supplements out there.. Protein bars and even whey powders that are geared for women ..
  • Nightelyn
    Options

I do exercise; I run 30-60 minutes 3-4 days a week. I have trouble getting enough protein without going over on fat.

Try eating more lean protein, like chicken or fish.
  • amyhoss
    Options
    Are you actively running or just running for a short distance and walking the rest ?

Actively running; I am very slow (like 5.5mph) but I run the whole time.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    What is so bad about almost a lb a week?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

that's what i'm wondering.
  • amyhoss
    Options

It's not so bad, I was just hoping for a bit more and I wanted ideas on what I can be doing better. I know it's a step in the right direction at least.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options

that's what i'm wondering.

Right!
  • MTBrob
    Options

Actively running; I am very slow (like 5.5mph) but I run the whole time.

.8 is still a good loss for a week but to be sure you do not continue to lose less and less and go negative.. Try eating a little more clean .. Eat your carbs in the way of veggies and not bread.. Nothing wrong with bread but eat whole wheat and in moderation..

Drop the creamer from your diet.. go with non fat milk ...

I think mostly your problem is the complex carbs and busting through fat cap with out a consistent exercise routine.. That energy you have to burn that doesn't get burned is stored in as fat..

I wouldn't worry just adjust your eating habits and I am sure you will get back on track
  • amyhoss
    Options
    So less salt, more water and less fat. Sounds so simple! I will work on managing those numbers. I'll have to switch up my normal meals to meet the salt and fat numbers. Thanks for the input.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    So less salt, more water and less fat. Sounds so simple! I will work on managing those numbers. I'll have to switch up my normal meals to meet the salt and fat numbers. Thanks for the input.

Healthy fats are fine. If most of your fat is coming from fish, lean protein, nuts, olive oil, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about going over. Full fat creamer is not the healthiest fat.