Please Help, I'm not losing weight anymore

Options
Okay,so before anyone says anything, I am completely aware that my calorie intake is very low. The thing is, I tried this exact diet before and lost 36lbs in a month, and I only did about 20min at the most of exercise. Now I'm doing so much more, and I stopped losing weight, if anything I feel like I'm gaining it. I workout ALOT everyday. I'm starting to feel very discouraged and I just wanna give up. I feel like, what's the point of this?! I just don't understand. I was losing like a lbs everyday, and now it stopped and I feel stuck. Someone please help! My diary is public so feel free to take a look. ONLY constructive criticism wanted. Thank's Everyone.

Replies

• StarDreamer90
    Options
    I think your body may have got resistant to the low-calorie diet and your body is no longer accepting that. Its just like some medicines, peoples bodies eventually get resistant to that medicine and they have to be put on new medicine. Your body may just need some new type of diet. I myself too find it hard loseing the first couple pounds...I relize its going to take some time to lose the 15 pounds but with the amount of exercise I have been doing I would have loved to see more results by now....you can do it though! Stick to it!:heart:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't public, so I can't see anything .. but seriously. eat more work out more.. You will move in the right direction.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    eat more workout more and repeat. Kaxfenix was right on target with this one.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Your body probably adjusted to the low calories, and stopped losing. Read about the Spike Diet.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Your probably screwed up your metabolism and hormonal balance the first time. 36 pounds in a month is insane.

Go to the Dr. and have a hormone/thyroid panel done. Stop dieting, do minimal cardio and start eating at maintenance for a few months to make your body feel like its not starving and regulate your hormones. Balance out your body. The do it again the right way. Slow and steady. Maybe get a nutritionist.
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    have you taken measurements to see if you are losing inches? also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water during the day.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    9lbs a week is not sustainable. Take a short diet break at maintenance to recharge the hormones, then reset your goals for a 1-2 lb per week weight loss....and eat back most of your exercise calories. Open up your diary so people can help you.
  • SoftballPrincess23
    Options
    Change your foods and change the type of exercises you do. It's important to change every couple of months. Your body adjusts to the routine so no changes, no challenge, no loss. Good luck!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I stalled out so I upped my calories and dropped my carb intake a little bit. BEFORE everyone yells at me... I cut out processed foods/starches (flour, sugar, etc). That helped me to shake my stall loose and I am once again losing about 1lb per week or close to it. If I stall out again, I will drop calories a little and increase carbs. My body gets bored with the same old thing so I need to shake it up a bit. What worked for me 3 years ago does NOT work for me now, otherwise I would be at goal by now. I agree with the "eat more" mentality - just make sure your additional calories come from healthy, natural sources. I was stuck at no losses for 4 months! You will break through. Hang in there and good luck.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The unfairness of it all is that, as we lose weight, it takes more and more exercise and less and less calorie intake to continue to lose. I have been thinking that if I hit a hard plateau that I might have a "retreat week" where I don't try to lose, but just try to stay stable so that I can go hard after the excess pounds after pausing. You might just be on a plateau and eventually you could/should start shedding poundage again.
  • readytoloseit1
    Options
    It sounds like your body has gone into survivors mode. Youve basically consumed fewer calories than your body needs so its now going to hold onto everything you put into it. Also consider that muscle weighs more than fat. So, working out as much as you are you could be building alot of muscle which will make you weigh more when you step on the scale but it doesnt mean youve gained "weight" or fat. And lastly remember that doing the same exact diet and workout will only work for a limited time. To produce results you have to constantly switch up your routine. Kind of like the basic idea behind P90x, switch up your routine everyday 30 days or less so you never get used to something essentially making it ineffective. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • princessveggiecake
    Options
    Your probably screwed up your metabolism and hormonal balance the first time. 36 pounds in a month is insane.

Go to the Dr. and have a hormone/thyroid panel done. Stop dieting, do minimal cardio and start eating at maintenance for a few months to make your body feel like its not starving and regulate your hormones. Balance out your body. The do it again the right way. Slow and steady. Maybe get a nutritionist.

^ Agreed. Weight loss is most effective when you do it right. Eat healthy and exercise. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    You need to increase your calories. And eat clean. one day you drank 3 cans of soda and the next it seems like you compensate for it by eating less and less.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    WOW.. I didn't read your post clearly... ARE YOU CRAZY .... 36 lbs in a month unless you are like 600 lbs is just plain bad for your body.. Even then the 600lbs person is probably working with a higher calorie in take than you and exercises 2 -4 hours a day.

Did you gain 36 lbs in a month ? Probably not.. You shouldn't be losing it that way either..

You need to have a consistent diet with a calorie deficit brought on buy at least 30 minutes to an hour of active exercise.

You have probably jacked your system up...
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Do you have a history of Eating Disorders at all? I looked at your diary and I'm just asking. you ate 1,000 ish calories on Tuesday and only 500-ish yesterday.
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are starving yourself, ruining your metabolism and burning muscle. You need to eat more to fuel your body for your workouts. You should not be eating below your BMR and on top of that you should be eating back at least some of your exercise calories. There is great information on the internet about how many calories you should be consuming to lose weight and be healthy. Good Luck and I hope you get everything figured out. :smile:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Losing 1lb+ a day is neither healthy, nor sustainable, as you're finding out now. My best advice to you is to eat at maintenance for a while (like a month) to help your body reset, and then choose a moderate weight loss goal. Like a pound or two A WEEK if you have a lot to lose, less if you are close to your goal weight. You're less likely to screw up your body/metabolism this way.
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    Ive done that same diet in the past and also lost a ton of weight (a lb a day basically). But you cant live on 500 calories a day for the rest of your life so I ended up gaining it all back and then some :( It does work, but not permanently. I know that's not what you want to hear but I'm just telling you what happened to me. Now I eat at least 1200 calories a day and exercise 30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week and I am seeing awesome results! I never feel hungry, and I feel like I am getting stronger, whereas before I was cranky and hungry all the time and always had a headache.... Granted the weight doesn't come off as fast, but I feel a million times better :) Good luck.
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Eat more high quality food. Think of your body as a machine that needs fuel to run. If you cut it too low, you could be slowing down your metabolism making it that much harder to lose in the future. (If you gain again). Also, think to start eating in a way that is healthy for the rest of your life and then you won't yo-yo. I'm 37 and have yo-yo'd 20 or so of the same pound throughout my life and wish I wouldn't have. I've stayed steady now for about 2 years and it is much better. Good Luck!