The 2007 Best Life Weight Loss Challenge on Oprah

BestLifeBarb
BestLifeBarb Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone...my name is Barb, I was featured on the Oprah Show in 2007. I did the Best Life Weight Loss Challenge for 9 months...lost 17 pounds...and quit smoking. Do you remember me? I was the one who talked a lot.

Well needless to say I gained it all back and added an extra 20 more. I feel fat, sluggish and lethargic. My daughter in law lost almost 50 using this site and I am very proud of her. I started today and ate 2100 calories, when I should of only eaten 1750 BUT I usually eat more like 3000 to 4000 a day..so I feel ahead of the game.

I need some new friends! I got rid of all of the negative people in my life. I have a boyfriend who is more like a "friend" or roommate.

Will you be my friend? I'm really nice.

Thanks

Barb

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Barb,

Welcome, the important thing is that you are on and that you logged all your calories. That is the biggest tip I can give you. This is lifelong changes we are talking about and often I find that I learn just as much if not more from what and why I overeat, but only if I log it. Then I can ask myself why I ate it. What other choice could I have made.

Keep on logging, you're among friends.
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Hiya!

I remember something about a weight loss challenge on oprah, I didn't watch it though lol!

I'd love to be your friend :) Good luck with your goals, we're all here to help each other :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    I do remember you!!! I don't watch Oprah very often, but I usually watch any about weight loss. I actually went and bought the book after that show. I never did it though. I have a favorite recipe for life though...the fruit crisp with the granola on top. :tongue:

I am so glad you are here and I hope you find success like I have. I have lost 16 lbs in less than 2 months. (And 6 inches around my waist!) I was 162, and I am now 146. It feels good to be within the healthy BMI range again! This will be you if you stay on track. Whatever you do, post your food for the day before you eat it so you know if you have enough calories for that extra something...and just so you know you don't go over. Also move, move, move!!! You know the routine! :laugh: But just try to be active as much as possible. And drink your water...ALL DAY LONG!!! One last thing to remember is that you have unlimited resources here and an unbelievable support system. If you are ever having an off day and need to be uplifted and encouraged, just send a message on here and the support will start instantly! :wink:

So happy you are here and I hope that you have a blessed week.

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    welcome! lemme know if u have any question sor jsut need to talk. I lost 7lbs my first month on MFP but have been having some problems losing since. I know I will make it, no matter how long it takes, and so will you! :smile:
  • Hey! I don't remember you from Oprah but I am new on MFP too!! Good luck! I am a great motivator and listener! Hope everything goes well for you!
This discussion has been closed.