Adding MIO to water - Still water?

Options
Silly question, I know... however back in my Weight Watcher days they would tell us that ONLY pure water counted as water... any additives affected the way water was absorbed, etc...

Later they changed and even allowed people to count their coffee towards their water requirement!

Anyway, they took my bottled water dispenser away today, and the water fountain tastes funky, so gotta plan. Pay for water?... or pay for MIO?

Stuff tastes pretty good actually...

Opinions?... facts?... guesses?

Replies

• Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    No, IMHO. I was taught in a college health class that anytime you add anything to water(except ice), it stops being water.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    No, IMHO. I was taught in a college health class that anytime you add anything to water(except ice), it stops being water.

A straw?
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    Coffee, water, tea, mio, I count it as water. Dont know if that is right but that what I do.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    It will still count toward your body's liquid needs. You absorb the necessary fluids from food, coffee, soda, water, anything.

However, if you're asking is it water, technically, no it isn't. It's water with an additive.

It will still keep you as hydrated as you need to be.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Go for it.

My experience though with MiO has been less than stellar. I stalled for a month while adding it to my water. As soon as I removed it from my day, I started losing again. Might have been the artificial sweetner, I don't know, but it was the only thing that was different about my diet.

Something to keep in mind. You might not react that way to it.

Maybe try some herbal tea bags or lemon instead?
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ive been using MIO too, because I cut out Crystal light. If I dont I dont drink enough water and thats just the way it is. If it helps you drink more water I think its better then the alternative IMO.

I agree plain water is best, but I just wont do it, so this is my semi- healthy solution. Although If I looked up all the ingredients and what they actually are Id probably have to stop drinking it like I did CL. :grumble:

a little lemon in water helps too, but I get tired of it, but its another way. I also sometimes add a tiny bit of Apple Cider Vinegar its tangy and refreshing. :drinker:

There is also this refreshing Habiscus tea thats super Yummy cold!